Thread: Opens another copy of uTorrent instead of adding to download queue

Opens another copy of uTorrent instead of adding to download queue

I am facing a very annoying problem with the uTorrent installed on the computer. I am running uTorrent client on my computer for downloading different files from the internet. From past few days the uTorrent has started behaving weirdly. If I download any new torrent using Mozilla firefox, it opens up in a new uTorrent window instead of adding in the download queue. This is very annoying as I have to manually add the torrent again in the download queue. What is the reason for this problem? How do I solve this small but annoying issue? Any help is highly appreciated.

Re: Opens another copy of uTorrent instead of adding to download queue

It can be because of the web browser which you are using. The Mozilla firefox automatically gets updated regularly without the user noticing it. Hence if the new version of the browser is having any issues with the uTorrent application then it will create such problems. Try downloading the torrent using some other web browser and see if the same problem persists or not.

Open the uTorrent client and then click on the preferences. There are several tabs for settings. Check all the tabs for the settings and see if there is any setting which refers to open new Windows for a new torrent. To be on a safer side, Reset all the settings to default and save the settings. Restart the application. Hopefully the problem will be solved.

The problem is probably with the version of the uTorrent which you are using. I was also facing the same error with the earlier version of uTorrent installed on the computer. All the torrents which were downloaded, did not stack up in the download queue instead a new Windows opened. I updated the version of uTorrent on the computer which solved the problem. Update the version of uTorrent and see if it helps.

It can be a virus problem as the torrent is not getting added in the download queue of the application. Perform a online scan of the system and check all the files which are infected with Virus. Once all the files which are repaired, hopefully you will not face the same problem. If the number of files infected are more for the application, reinstalling the application is a must as most of the files will be corrupted.