Thread: uTorrent won't seed after successful download

uTorrent won't seed after successful download

After lot of friends suggesting me to use uTorrent application for downloading torrents, I finally installed it on my computer but I think there is something wrong with the application. I downloaded many video files on the computer using a torrent which were successfully downloaded but the files are not seeded by the uTorrent. It just shows a zero along with a number in the bracket. I cant understand what the numbers in the bracket mean and also why I am not able to seed the torrent? If any of you people know how to solve the issue then please share some information. Thanks in advance.

Re: uTorrent won't seed after successful download

The firewall installed on the computer must be not allowing the uTorrent to seed the data. The firewall must be blocking all the outward traffic from the computer and hence the uTorrent is not seeding. Open the preference of firewall and configure it to allow uTorrent to send the traffic out. Save the settings and check if the uTorrent is able to seed or not.

Check the network connection of uTorrent. For the uTorrent to seed the torrent after downloading, the connection to the network should be strong. There is a network status indicator in the uTorrent which shows the status of the network. The network status icon for the uTorrent should be solid green for it to seed the torrent. If the network is not available, you will be not able to seed the torrent.

You will have to configure the uTorrent properly for seeding the torrent. The uTorrent which you are using is not configured properly and hence you are not able to seed the torrent. To know the exact configuration for the uTorrent, refer the configuration guideline which are provided at the official website of uTorrent. After configuring the uTorrent according to settings, you will be able to seed the torrent.

As suggested, I referred the configuration for uTorrent and configured the uTorrent client as per the instructions. After configuration of uTorrent now the uTorrent is able to seed the downloaded information without any problems. Thanks for suggesting the solution.