Thread: download speeds un-capped in uTorrent 300KB/S?

download speeds un-capped in uTorrent 300KB/S?

If somebody here can help me that it would be much appreciated!! What's going on that when I take off the speed scheduler to download at the whole speed and upload at the whole speed then it hits between 320 and 350KB/S. But in my router it shows a speed of 3776kbps.

uTorrent should be capable to download and then come up with the speed closest to the 1024 KB/s and then automatically moves into MBPS ? Anybody with the suggestions ?

Re: download speeds un-capped in uTorrent 300KB/S?

No !! first of all, I wanted to make you sure that you are manipulation wrong information here .. The speed displays on your router is specified into *bit/sec.where as the speed that you are getting in uTorrent is in *byte/sec. If you are talking about the uTorrent then it is already downloading at about 3.5mbyte/sec anyway. The actual thing is that your router is running upon another units to display the speed doesn't make sense .

Speed fluctuating constantly...

I have a laptop which contains a built in intel wireless card. The system is still running in the warranty period because I bought it just before two month . The connect speed continuously fluctuating from 54mbps down to 1mbps and several steps within this like (1,2,5.5,18, etc.) the signal capability looks too excellent while it is moving around like this. I am running with different wireless laptop(pcmcia) that doesn't have the issue. It looks unlikely that it is the wireless router provided this. I used Network Stumbler to get the signal information and it seems better. What can I do to track down the issue ?
    Last edited by shimani; 19-06-2010 at 12:13 PM.

It could be the issues of wireless card itself. The fluctuation of the your required speed can be caused by several things but primarily one... signal quality. You may receive a powerful signal but the quality may be worst... including interference... If the router is a b/g router and the laptop is working upon 802.11B and the one you are going on is working with the G you will have problem . You can also have problems if the two are so close with each other and the configurations are not in proper way. Your wireless card may have manipulated mode protection (if it is an Intel card) try moving into the card settings (the hardware config not the network configuration).

Mixed Mode Protection:
    This configuration can be used to ignore the data collisions in a manipulated 11b/11g background . RTS/CTS should be used in an environment where clients may not get to each other, CTS-to-self can be used to obtain more throughput in an background where clients are in close proximity and can get each other.

Thanks deveritt. I appreciated your help . I have tried to manipulation with the HW configurations already to no avail. It may just be the hardware . I am also wondering if there is a conflict between Microsoft and intel network software's . After getting your posts and private messages regarding this issues , I have tried going through around with different configurations. It settled down when I shut down the micrsoft network software . I have used the Proset soley and didn't got any issues within that . I will try it again ...