Thread: Computer freezes when downloading torrent

Computer freezes when downloading torrent

Hello,
    When I download torrent (utorrent or bit comet) after 10 min my computer hangs (freeze). I am forced to reboot the system. Any one else has the same problem as I do? So,if you guys have an solution for this then please let me know. Thank you.

Re: Computer freezes when downloading torrent

I use μtorrent and a card with a livebox wireless networks D-Link DWL G132, my pc also freezes after a minute download with torrent. However, on my other computer with a wireless network card of another brand that D-Link, it works very well. I think the problem comes from the network card D-Link. I'll make a test, I also noticed that my port was opened and sometimes more open to μtorrent, however, when not open I will restart the live box by the configuration of the live box (http:// 192.168.1.1) and there magic magic port becomes open (without reboot the PC).

So now I have an ASUS motherboard which uses the nForce4 firewall. One of my little icons to the right of the clock windows allows me to change the profile of the firewall. Well, after much crashes when launching applications torrent, I looked where my concern came from. So for all owners of Asus motherboards is equipped with the OS of the firewall nvidia, I invite you to follow the link below for the solution to your problems.

I, too, a desire to freeze my pc when I use μtorrent. Before the holidays, no problem. Back from vacation, freeze after a few minutes. There was an update of Avast. Does it could be related? I saw on the net, than removing the shield of Avast p2p it solved the problem but when I look in the list of programs that the shield has to filter, μtorrent is not checked. I'm on XP2 and I have version 1.7.7 of μtorrent. I am currently using a wireless modem router.

I have a solution that worked for me, and i hope it will work for everyone. Before I had the same problem (Freeze the PC has when using P2P software), what I did was download a lot of firewall called PeerGuardian 2. After Installing PeerGuardian, a configuration window appears, check the boxes P2P and Government (You can also check on Spyware, Adware if you have no firewall) Click Next and complete the initial configuration, After that PeerGuardian will do an update. It's done: send PeerGuardian to system tray, and open your P2P client and start the download. Normally it will no longer Freeze, because the software block IP addresses of the Anti-P2P organizations (The cause of the Freeze), yes there seems to be a war against Peer2Peer.

My computer also stalls into a freeze. I have observed and tested how to stall it. The stalling happens most frequently while uploading higher speeds (30+kb/s), from winamp, and from watching video (that includes youtube and webcam).

I have swapped out my videocard and also tried other wifi adapters, none have worked. At one instance I remember I gained some stability from running two wifi adapters, this has yet to be proven by myself once again after a new windows installation.

I personally believe it is a bug in some versions of Windows XP. I have tried other OSes and I've had no problems like this.