Thread: uTorrent wont download if no mouse movement

uTorrent wont download if no mouse movement

I have always been using Limewire for downloading files but now I have started using uTorrent for downloading different files from the Internet. After installing uTorrent, I am not able to download any files. Whenever any torrent is loaded on the uTorrent, it does not start the download unless there is any mouse movement on the computer. If there is no mouse movement, the file will not be downloaded on the computer. Is this some virus issue? Please help.

Re: uTorrent wont download if no mouse movement

May be its a virus problem as the uTorrent will start downloading the file from the internet when the torrent is loaded. So there is a high possibility that the system is infected with some kind of virus which is creating such problems. Scan the system and check for all the files which are infected. After cleaning all the virus's from the system check if the uTorrent is working properly or not.

Have you checked the power management settings of the computer? It is possible that the computer is going into power saving mode if kept idle for long time and hence the uTorrent is not downloading any files. Therefore I will suggest that you check the power management settings of the computer and disable the power saving mode to check the performance of the application while downloading the file.

uTorrent will not start downloading from the internet, for the uTorrent to download file from the internet, the torrent file should have enough number of seeds and peers from where the data has to be downloaded. If the torrent file is not having any seeds or peers for downloading then the speed of the download will always be shown as 0kbps and nothing will be downloaded.

Are your ports forwarded? For the utorrent to download files from the internet, sometimes configuration is required. You will have to forward some ports for proper operation of the uTorrent. You can contact the support site of the utorrent and get the number of ports which are to be forwarded for uTorrent and forward them.

I reinstalled the application and now the problem is solved. I think the problem was with the version which was installed on the computer and hence I was facing the problem. Now I have installed a fresh copy of the application and configured it. Till now I have not faced the problem and hope will not face any in future. Thanks for all the help.