Thread: uTorrent downloads skipped files into torrent

uTorrent downloads skipped files into torrent

Hello there, I have a desktop computer which is installed with Windows XP on it. On this computer I installed uTorrent client and I am facing some problems with it. The problem which I am facing is that the uTorrent downloads every files into torrent. Some files which are marked as skipped are also downloaded into a Torrent. How do I solve this problem? Any suggestions regarding the topic are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Re: uTorrent downloads skipped files into torrent

I suspect that the version of the uTorrent which is installed on computer is corrupt and hence you are facing such problems. Try completely removing the uTorrent from the computer. Once the uTorrent is removed, delete the files and keys which are associated to the application. Reboot the computer and reinstall the application. Check if the problem still persists or not.

Open the uTorrent and then go to the preference of the utorrent. Check all the settings of the uTorrent. There is one button which will reset all the setting to default. Reset all the settings to default and then save the settings. Restart the application and check if the same problem persists.

As suggested, I tried completely removing all the files of the uTorrent and then installing the application again but it did not help. The application again started behaving the same again. I also set all the configuration to default and but it also did not solve the problem. Are there anymore solutions?

I suppose that it is some kind of virus infection for which you will have to scan the whole system with an updated antivirus and check for all the files which are infected. There are some websites which provide online virus scan facility. Perform a full system scan and check for all the files which are infected. Repair all the files which are infected. After repairing the files check the behavior of application.

Open the uTorrent application on the computer and open the preference of the applications. Go to the Advanced preference and disable diskio.use_partfile on the uTorrent. After disabling the settings, restart the uTorrent and see if the problem persists.