Thread: Starting a private tracker torrent remotely.

Starting a private tracker torrent remotely.

Hi everyone,
    I am working with a private tracker and it needs you to log into the site through the IP and then after proper login it allows to start the downloading procedure . Doing this through the remote means that I can add the torrents but they will not allow to download. As you should be aware about that it doesn't require to stay logged in (but login before the start of each new torrent) but I am unable to get a method to perform this... Do you know about the methods around this at all? My idea was to add it as a torrent but this is detected as an invalid torrentURL and not executing in proper manner . Any advice would be appreciated.

Re: Starting a private tracker torrent remotely.

It would be much better if uTorrent could keep safe your login information for private trackers and then login for you and if detects that the torrent is from one of your private trackers. It is technically possible but I am not sure if they will add it for you ..

Actually, according to my configurations .. I am running with a proxy on the system on which I run utorrent on, and I use that proxy for firefox then I wouldn't have to worry about logging in or anything associate with this , since I have to login to the torrent..

There is a method that I use it for filelist...You need to only add the following statement in a file and name it as filelist.html or whatever you need to put (But remember to put the URL to filelist at the obvious spot). Then open it into the browser specified . It will browse the filelist after every 30 seconds. If you are logged in and work with the cookies then it should safe keep the system with the utorrent on this logged into filelist.

Code:
    <iframe src="State here the lnk to your private tracker website here  including  HTTP in front "></iframe>
    <script>
    window.setTimeout("window.location.reload(true);",(30*1000));
    </script>

That's right suggestion ...You should go from this and then you would be able\ to download the filelist torrents from workplace or school and start them in utorrent with the help of the webui. One thing need to remember that it might consume a while for the torrent to start because your IP must be modified in filelist by the page above running at home. (You will probably still receive the unkown IP/host error but it should disappear after a while (near about 30 minutes maximum, I think)).