Thread: Unable to install Genius Eye 312 webcam driver

Unable to install Genius Eye 312 webcam driver

Using Genius Eye 312 driver CD I tried to install the driver for Genius Eye 312 for Win XP Service Pack 3. But unfortunate the driver installation was hanged. So I needed to stop the process forcefully using task manager. Now I tried to uninstall the driver but again it was hanged. Now deleted the InstallShield from "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information" and deleted the respective key from regedit. Then tried to install again. But the same problem remain. Each and every time I tried to install or uninstall the same problem occurred.

Now if I the connect the Webcam via usb the system is prompting that the new Hardware found. But after some time it showing that an error occurred. And the system is not able to recognize the web cam.

Plz help to solve the problem.

Thanks in advance.
    Tuhin

re: Unable to install Genius Eye 312 webcam driver

The only possible way by which you can permanently remove the files related to this installation/uninstallation process is by perform System Restore. System restore will roll back your system to any of the past instance depending on the Restore point you have selected to do System Restore. And i assume that your Genius Eye 312 driver CD is corrupted and that is why you are unable to perform any action using it. It would be better if your try installing the drivers either from any other driver CD or download drivers from the official website of Genius Eye. this would probably solve your issue.

idea Re: Unable to install Genius Eye 312 webcam driver

After you run "driver\setup.exe" from DVD, even if the installation program hangs, the following directory is created: "C:\Program files\Common files\Pac7302"
    Connect the camera to USB port. When asking for driver, if Windows can't find the drivers automatically, select this directory:
    "C:\Program files\Common files\Pac7302"
    and Windows XP will install the drivers for the camera.