Thread: uTorrent doesn't open .torrent files after clicking

uTorrent doesn't open .torrent files after clicking

Hello there, I am really glad that uTorrent was finally released for Mac systems. I downloaded the uTorrent on my iMac which is running on Mac OS X Snow leopard on it but I am not able to use uTorrent for downloading any torrents. Ideally uTorrent should start when I click on the torrent but it does not start. I am new to this application and hence cant figure out how to solve this error. So if any of you knows how to solve the problem then please help.

Re: uTorrent doesn't open .torrent files after clicking

Are you able to start the uTorrent client? If no then there is some problem with the application installed on the computer. If any of the file related to the application is missing on the computer, the application will not work properly. Trash the application from the Mac and then download the latest version from internet and install it on the computer. Hopefully installing the application again will help in solving the problem.

Are you getting any messages in the Console.app? To check if there are any messages in the console, go to Applications and then open the utilities. If there are any messages in the console about uTorrent, then implement troubleshooting as per the message which is flashed in the console. After implementing troubleshooting, check the console again to see if there are any more message related to the application.

I will suggest that you check the crash logs in the Mac. Go to the following locations "$HOME/Library/Logs/CrashReporter" and go through the crash logs. If there are any crash logs for the uTorrent, then you will have to trash the application as it will not work on the system. Wait for the new version to be released and then install it on the Mac to check if it works.

Have you run any of the leaked betas for the application installed on the computer? I was also facing the same problem with the application when I installed it on the computer with the beta version of the application still on it. To solve the problem, I had to trash both the full version and the beta version of uTorrent and then reinstall the full version. It worked for me and I hope it works for you too.

Does µTorrent start on its own when the application is started? Double click on the uTorrent and see if the applications start. The drag and drop feature on the computer should also be working on the computer. If the features of the application are not working properly, then the application has to be reinstalled on the computer.