Thread: Torrent Error: Access Is Denied

Torrent Error: Access Is Denied

Please help me in solving this error with uTorrent which I am using. I have a Macbook pro installed with Mac OS X 10.5 on it. On the Macbook pro I have installed VMWare 6.5 virtual machine and running Windows XP on it. In the Windows XP environment, I have uTorrent installed but I am not able to download any files using it. Whenever I load any torrent to download, it gives Access denied error message. Can anybody tell me why I am facing such error message while using uTorrent? Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Torrent Error: Access Is Denied

Maybe the torrent which you are downloading using uTorrent is having some problems and hence you are facing such error. Unload the torrent which is giving error and delete it. Once the torrent is deleted, download the torrent again from some other source and load it in uTorrent. Check if you are getting the same error while downloading.

I am also facing the exact same problem while using the uTorrent application in the Windows mode using Vmware. All the torrents which I have tried to download give the same access is denied error when loaded. Is this some incompatibility issue of utorrent with Vmware? If not then how to solve this problem? Please help.

Actually there is a good news for all the Mac users. Now you can install and use the utorrent application on the Mac system itself as there is a separate version released for the Mac systems. Download the version compatible with the Mac system which you are using and install it on the computer. Load the torrent which you want to download. Now the torrent should not give any errors.

The issue which you are facing is due to the permissions which are set on the vmware machine. The vmware machine will not be able to write anything to hard drive unless the permissions are set to full access. Therefore I will suggest that you give full access to the vmware machine and then load the torrent to download. I am sure that you will not face any problems once the vmware machine has full access permissions.

It is weird that uTorrent application is not able to create folder for download locations in vmware. To solve the problem you will have to create the folder and subfolder as the download location. In Vmware the application is not able to create the location and hence it is giving the access denied error. After creating the folders for downloading files, you will not face any problems.

Thanks for helping out. Creating the subfolder and folders for downloading the files, uTorrent started working properly on the computer. Now it does not give any Access Denied errors while downloading. uTorrent was not able to create folders on the computer and hence it was giving access denied error while giving downloading.