Thread: uTorrent keeps making windows 7 crashes

uTorrent keeps making windows 7 crashes

I am having a Acer Aspire laptop and it is installed with windows 7 operating system. Currently I have installed a uTorrent application on my laptop. But uTorrent creating some problem with my laptop. When I start a uTorrent application it makes my Windows 7 crashes. After that I have to forcefully restart the my laptop. Please tell me how can I solve my problem.

Re: uTorrent keeps making windows 7 crashes

This is the general problem which faced by many of the utorrent users. For solving your problem you have to uninstall the uTorrent application and also remove all files and folders which is associated with it from your system. And after that you have restart your laptop again. Then install utorrent application again on your system. I hope this will helps you.

I think your machine is infected with utorrent application. To resolve your pronblem you need to download and install any standard antivirus in your machine. Try to download Kaspersky internet security on your computer its a good antivirus. You can download it from its official website and install it on your system, I think this is the best solution for you.

If your problem still exits in your computer perhaps due to some of the driver of operating system is not compatible with utorrent. First you have to upgrade all the drivers of Windows 7 operating system. You can download drivers of windows 7 operating system form Microsoft’s official website. Try to do the following thing and I hope this tip is very helpful to you.

I have similar problem with utorrent, Previously I was using BitComet with a high speed cable videotron, it worked fine. Now, I moved to a place where they use high speed internet videotron but with a wireless router. Since then, when I download with BitComet, my computer freezes after a few minutes and I have to restart. I tried with uTorrent: same thing. And the problem only occurs when I download. If the BitTorrent client is open but that all downloads are stopped, everything is fine.

Is it possible that a port problem can cause this kind of bug? When I do test ports with UTorrent, sometimes it works, sometimes it not work. Also, even I find it odd that it uses by default port 10619 when I saw on your site that usually the ports 6881-6889 but sometimes the ports 6969 and 7000 are used.

Operating system: Windows 7
    Network card: D-Link AirPlus G DWL-G510 Wireless PCI Card # 2
    Router: Unknown for now

My pc freezes when I use µtorrent. Before the holidays, no problem when I use to download. Back from vacation, its started freezing after couple of minutes. There was an update of Avast. I saw on the net, than removing the shield of Avast p2p it solved the problem but when I look in the list of programs that the shield must filter, µtorrent is not checked. ?! I'm on XP2 and I have version 1.7.7 of µtorrent. I am currently using a wireless modem router with alice.