Thread: Torrent Files not removing after download

Torrent Files not removing after download

I have installed windows 7 Ultimate on my computer and using uTorrent 1.8.5. Normally i have seen that when i finished with the downloading on uTorrent then the torrent file gets deleted automatically but from last some days it is not happening like how it was removing it in past.

Re: Torrent Files not removing after download

I have never used uTorrent on my system so i do not have any idea about the setting on this software. I think there must be some settings provided by which you can set that each and every download gets removed from the list as soon as it gets completed. So you should check for the settings on your uTorrent.

You need to do some small settings on your uTorrent which will be making your uTorrent deleting the files just after completing the downloading. Go to an Option and then go to the Preferences and open Directories. Here you have to check for the "Delete loaded .torrents" which is what you need to set on your uTorrent.

I think you should not use the feature "Delete loaded .torrents" provided on your uTorrent as it immediately removes the downloaded torrent files. You should always remove those file manually and even if you do not delete them then also there is nothing going to happen wrong then what should be the reason behind removing it so quickly. If it would be there in the list then you may use it at any point of time.

I am not aware of an user interface of an uTorrent so i do not know an exact path to change the settings on your uTorrent client. But there must be some option provided to change the settings about the torrent file who's download have got completed. Once download gets completed then immediately that torrent file will removed from the list which keeps your torrent file list clear.

I would like to go through the manual of uTorrent 1.8.5 where they must have provided an information about the gui.default_del_action. I do not know that is it going to help you or not but i guess at least you would find something related to it and definitely it would be helpful for you.