Thread: Recheck after moving torrent's files to another drive

Recheck after moving torrent's files to another drive

I have installed uTorrent on my windows xp pc and once i have moved the torrent files to some another drive then is it possible to restart the seeding. It becomes very much annoying when you move any big files to the hard disc as it makes your hard disk working slower. And i have been offered to edit resume.dat in HIEW in order to avoid this useless recheck.

Re: Recheck after moving torrent's files to another drive

You must not disable of contrary to whatever you think as such kind of recheck are not useless. Hence you have changed the destination of the torrent files, It might happen that driving the data could cause corruption somewhere along the way.

This could also be a hardware issue, Suppose now you have moved one torrent's file from one folder to an another one but please note that both the folders are on the same drive. Once you are done with it then delete source folder and then point torrent to the target folder as new download location. Even if the same hard disk activity is happening so it must be having same possibility of risk but no recheck here.

If suppose that there is no problem regarding the hardware then if an equipment is having an UPS protections then mostly corruption will not be happening. I never told that recheck is not needed at all there could be even better way by which you can avoid it instead of editing resume.dat. If you want to move huge amount of data then rechecking function would be taking much time.

I do not think that it would be possible to seeding the torrent files after you have moved it to some other drive. Actually the source becomes other one and because of which it becomes bit more to work for the torrent client to recheck it and as a result it takes much time to seed it. I suggest you to make the that another drive as your destination folder.