Thread: Torrent Error The system cannot find the path specified

Torrent Error The system cannot find the path specified

I am new to these issues so I'm pretty lost and I hope I throw a cable and thanks in advance. Utorrent 1.7.7 I had a little down my 10-20 kb, but a couple of days ago I put a couple of movies to download and when they had a minute or two I would get a small window falling down a red x which said: "ERROR IN TORRENT the system can not find the path specified." I went to different pages torrents and all files had the same problem. I download utorrent 1.8.2 and does the same and I'm already pissed off, I hope your help as rain in May, thanks for your help.

Re: Torrent Error The system cannot find the path specified

It appears as some of the files associate with the torrent have got corrupted and hence i would suggest you to go for a reinstall try to remove torrent from the windows then download it once again finally install It once again. This will replace all the corrupted files and will start working normally. This would help you to get rid of this issue.

Hello everyone I have a small problem with utorrent, for several days every time I try to download something with utorrent, the two minutes I get a sign that makes file. The system can not find the path specified. I usually do I download everything in a 300GB hdd estraible now I have 289 free create a folder that I put my utorrent downloads and you specify the route for downloads, I have no firewall and antivirus is avast until recently had no problems I downloaded it all but lately I can not download anything. You have any idea that could be happening?

Try reinstalling the application if the reinstallation is not resolving the this problem still. I would suggest you to go for a scanning. After you scan the problem should be solved. Otherwise , I think that the there is a problem with your network check it. If possible try to confirm it with the Network service providers.

Check whether you have turned off the firewalls (Check also that of windows). Also check for the properties in the network sharing files and printers is enabled. you're on to have enabled sharing on at least one folder. Also check whether you can ping the websites properly or not. Finally enabling the Netbios this will definitely resolve the issue. Although it appears as you may not have the authority which is required for using this network resource.
    Last edited by MindSpace; 18-06-2010 at 02:07 AM.

I found 2 ref in the M KB that talk about this problem:

1. if the network connection is integrated into a network bridge = KB823305
    2. if the service explorer computer does not start (or NetBIOS / TCP / IP) = KB318030
    3. It remains to try these two tracks

go to administration tools open "Local Security Policy" double click Access this computer from the network and add "everyone". it should normally already be Admin, User, Users and operators of power backup.