Thread: Bittorrent 6.4 crashes

Bittorrent 6.4 crashes

When I upgraded my operating system from Windows Vista to Windows 7, I also upgraded the torrent application that I was using. I upgraded from Bittorrent 6.2 to Bittorrent 6.4. Well, ever since this has been done, I am facing a very weird issue with this new upgraded torrent application. The situation is that Bittorrent 6.4 crashes after every half an hour. It also takes more than 20 minutes for completing the file check. This is very much long. It used to complete in just 5 minutes in the older version. How can this problem be solved. Kindly reply soon.

Re: Bittorrent 6.4 crashes

There is a possibility that the particular torrent application is incompatible with the Windows 7 operating system because of which Bittorrent 6.4 crashes. I suggest you to run the hardware and software evaluation wizard in your system. This is a tool that lists all the components installed in your system according to the compatibilities and incompatibilities. If this application is shown among the incompatibilities, then this is why the issue is being caused.

If Bittorrent 6.4 crashes because of an incompatibility problem, then there is no need to worry about it. There are many alternatives available in the market. The best among the torrent applications, according to me is uTorrent. Try using the same with the Windows 7 operating system. I have been using the same in my system with Windows 7 and I am having no issues with it as you are facing with Bittorrent 6.4.

The incompatibility problem that is causing the Bittorrent 6.4 crashes can be solved with the help of the compatibility tool that is provided for all the applications and softwares having such problems with the Windows 7 operating system. Make sure to install this tool before the application is installed in your system, so that all the required compatibility settings will be done for the application to run without any issues in your system.

Whatever torrent application that you are using, it is to be made sure that you get the latest version for the same. This is because while working with Windows 7, there must be new versions of the applications, and softwares. Otherwise, such issues like Bittorrent 6.4 crashes are sure to occur. Are you sure that Bittorrent 6.4 is the newest version of this torrent application? If not, try getting the new version of the same to fix the issue.

Bittorrent 6.4 was crashing because there was a problem with the copy of the application that I was having. I mean to say that the it was corrupted. Anyways, I have downloaded a new copy of Bittorrent 6.4 and it is working fine. There are no incompatibility issues of the application with the operating system. So, the users of Windows 7 can use this application without any problems.