Thread: Error: Unable to open a torrent file

Error: Unable to open a torrent file

I have a problem with the software μtorrent. Last night I let my open source software to share files. I saw that his shared property. This morning I woke up and I noticed that all my file was a 0% is there a message: Error: Unable to open the file. Torrent name torrent.torrent I want to know is what has caused Thank you

Re: Error: Unable to open a torrent file

To circumvent this problem, the command prompt (Cmd.exe), use the Attrib command to display or remove the Read-only or System folders. To view the syntax for the Attrib command at a command prompt, type attrib /. If a program can not save files in a folder with the Read Only attribute, such as My Documents, at the command prompt, use the Attrib command to change the Read Only attribute to System.

For example, to change the Read Only attribute by the System attribute for the folder C: \ Test, use the following command:
    attrib-r + sc: \ test

Infact i think that i have got the culprit now it's windows after being loaded automatically updates the opened windows firewall normally my firewall avast but I shut off the Windows firewall and it makes me do a little warning triangle that to me says "no incoming connections". Welcome to the μTorrent Port Checker. A Test Will Be Performed on your computer to check if the specified port is open.
    Checking port 51476 is 213.55.131.106 ...
    An error has occurred!
    An error has occurred!

I think I solved the problem. Instead of adding that stupidly resolved under the topic, I'm going to benefit the unfortunate experience this problem.

Explanation: This is apparently a problem of "owner".
    When you install Windows, a name is assigned to the PC "number in figures and letters". When we created the data, the current user is the owner of these.

But when formatted, some data changes including logins. So once the pc formatted, it will search the data. But when open, the owner (and therefore entitled) is not recognized.

Well after small crash at the overclock (no serious crashes, reboots just accidental), my system became unstable. I had a BSOD with this prog to create an error coughed. So I try to "patch up" the system to view ten days and then BSOD with stable intervals increasingly close. Given the excitement -> formatting. It's the little problem that happens...
    For your information My disk is partitioned, so I stored the stuff to keep on the partition, then format. Then reinstall windows, and when it came down in some cases copy /paste the old system partition to the backup partition, I have a beautiful unable to open file access denied something like that anybody out there please help.

I am also facing the Same Problem

Hi I am getting the massage ( unable to download "torrent" : Invalid torrent file!) since last 2 days/

while i am downloading any torrent file and trying to open in UTorrent it gives the above message.

I am using uTorrent 1.8.1

also the same message i got in BitTorrent 6.0.3

So what should i do to start my download and upload.
    and yes my torrent client is working fine for other torrent sites

Re: I am also facing the Same Problem

Quote Originally Posted by apeksha1 View Post
    Hi I am getting the massage ( unable to download "torrent" : Invalid torrent file!) since last 2 days/

and yes my torrent client is working fine for other torrent sites
    If your torrent client is working fine than where are you getting the said error ? If it is fine than the problem is not with the client, right ? The torrent file you are trying to open might be surely corrupted. Try download some another file and try.. If it is still there uninstall your torrent client completely and install the latest version of uTorrent or Bittorrent.

I would suggest you to perform the following :

1. Check whether all the corresponding files which are saved in the .torrent storage folder set in Preferences -> Directories .

2. Halt the torrent download by right clicking and then select Advanced options and finally set the download location and then go to the corresponding folder. Then force a recheck. This might work.