Thread: BitTorrent vs uTorrent

BitTorrent vs uTorrent

Hello,
    I am currently confused with, which torrent client to use. I am now using utorrent and it quite nice, I also heard that bit torrent is good software. So, what is your recommendation. Which is the best torrent client to use. Thank you.

Re: BitTorrent vs uTorrent

Download and send data is the very principle of operation of networks (hence the Internet, which is simply a network of networks). Both programs use the same protocol, so the seeders (those who own all or part of search content) are the same, you should not see different discharge, unless you set a limit of download or upload (which acts directly on the download limit for that matter).

Regarding the software themselves, I personally am using μTorrent (pronounced micro torrent, even though most have not made advanced math. It has better multiple downloads, and has more features. By-cons, it tends to have bugs unexplained. Under Linux, I use Azureus to make large and multiple downloads of one day to another, but for small stuff, like an album (music freely down-loadable and publishable elsewhere), I prefer Transmission, more light.

They use the same protocol (the protocol Bittorrent), so it's the same. By cons uTorrent is lighter for the computer, I get the impression that some operations will be faster. In addition, there's so many conditions to have a good rates, in addition to your connection speed: number of seeds, number of Leech, speed of each, etc. So you could download a file of 100 megs quickly and more slowly with bittorrent file of the same weight slowly with utorrent, but it's not the fault of the software is that there 's person offering the file!

I had azureus is pretty, but the magnet links have never worked properly and in fact it is slower than bittorrent. the other, utorrent, do not know. It is not illegal, the illegality is tied to content, not the container.

μTorrent client is a fairly recent compared to other customers of the article, but the author has been very active to make the customer something very powerful. The customer is by far the client that uses the least system resources, in fact it takes so little, that even with my very slow machine, I forget completely. It has also been a lot of options and a very large community of people who support it, even if it remains that the software is developed only by a person. Unfortunately, there are only available for Windows, although it works fairly well under Linux with Wine. It is also good for beginners to advanced displays and enough statistics to know what's happening behind. The program is packed as a boy. Exe file that you can put anywhere you like, or in the form of an installer that will just create a folder and extract the executable to the specified location.

BitComet was the first customer completely coded in C + +. The advantage of C + + to Java or Python is that it's machine code, so this makes the program much faster and takes fewer resources. We can say that uTorrent was greatly inspired by this customer and has even exceeded, because it takes fewer resources in my opinion. It's been long since I tried this client before writing this article, and the retrying I was pleasantly surprised by the number of links and elements that help to find torrents, and to help beginners. I think this is exactly the target of this client, beginners. It has a nice simple interface, but has fewer options and clearly display the other customers. By cons, this makes it an ideal client for beginners and those who simply want to download it without unnecessary options. Technically, it is the most critical customer. He was banned from several private trackers until the final version because he could not stand an order that would prevent the customer from using the DHT. It was also full of mechanisms criticized for being a little outlaw in the world of BitTorrent. For example one could read in the last change log BitTornado this: "added security to Prevent customers from Exploiting super-seed. For cons, the latest versions have seen many improvements in this regard and I do not think this is really an argument against its use.