Thread: utorrent problem under wine

utorrent problem under wine

Hello,
    Let me explain my problem: I installed ubuntu on μTorrent, so far so good. I opened the port on my livebox (under windows it was enough for μTorrent to work, but not Linux.) It would be the firewall of linux that would block the connection or is that wine is giving some problem while running the utorrent. Any help will be great. Thank you.

Re: utorrent problem under wine

Utorrent? it is specific to Windows it not? I think AC should wait for the configuration to put in WINE! you're going to break pipe. Try instead Ktorrent which is excellent or even you can have a look for deluge torrent client. Both the clients are good and effective.

I doubt that it comes in, the "firewall" of Linux is fairly flowing in respect outgoing connections. If it does not work at all, at least verify that it does not come from a torrent that no one supplying current.

FireStats Installed, which is a simple graphical interface to the firewall native Linux (netfilter + iptables) and politics of incoming traffic, opens port allocated to install μTorrent. You can also use the feature to test opening the port integrated μTorrent to verify that it is indeed your problem. At home, μTorrent has always worked through Wine without problems. On Hardy (wine 1.0 + μTorrent 1.7.7) is OK, and besides, he is currently shooting and as well as Windows. I still have not found a linux native client offers the same performance and a complete interface.

I use utorrent under emulation in wine. This worked well except that I realized I was still running utorrent (monitor system) even after the program stopped. So I stop the process, the problem is that's now I am unable to restart utorrent, I have the little icon "wine" and the "utorrent that appears on the desktop but can not see the interface appear utorrent! utorrent.exe is more clearly visible in the processes in "rest". What should I do now?

I'll board Deluge, it is also lighter than utorrent with lots of option, plugin, and companies
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install deluge-torrent

It should then resume a few adjustments, but uTorrent home immediately agreed to resume the service, so there must be a corrupted file in the profile. A connoisseur and patient can probably identify the offending file by doing trial and error. After all there are less than a dozen small, I already know, for having preserved-it is not language files.