Thread: uTorrent and ZoneAlarm causing high CPU

uTorrent and ZoneAlarm causing high CPU

I use uTorrent along w / Zone Alarm from long time without any problem. Recently, when I download my CPU spike to 100% of the use of round trips between zlclient.exe vsmon.exe and (part of ZA). This only happens if a torrent download is active. If I stop the torrent active, CPU usage drops to about 5%. Torrent resume causes CPU usage to peak at 100% again. If uTorrent is running but if not running CPU usage is normal. I read about problems with uTorrent and ZoneAlarm (vsmon.exe especially), but that these problems were back in '07. I'm using Windows XP SP2, utorrent 2.0 (build 18488) and ZoneAlarm version 8.0.298.000 True Vector. I am the only one with this problem or others have the same? Is there any setting I should change that I am unaware off?

Re: uTorrent and ZoneAlarm causing high CPU

I had the same problem with utorrent doping of approximately 56-98 percent of use, and it was just a problem with ZoneAlarm. I have utorrent running for some time, because it has the smallest footprint and causes the least disruption, so I do not black with a domestic, who had previously worked properly. It happens that when I open ZoneAlarm config and looked under "control program" and "Programs" submenu of this, there were five cases of different rules for utorrent.

I have assumed wrongly, over the time that if I updated utorrent, ZoneAlarm. It was, in retrospect a lazy assumption. When I saw the five cases the rules of uTorrent and then just let ZoneAlarm add the version that ran the whole time I removed this process, my CPU usage is down about 2 percent.

Try it - it should shave off 98 percent of uTorrent (I mean monitoring the floppy ZoneAlarm uttorent) CPU usage. Sincerely, if this is not the appropriate forum, ZoneAlarm does for all other programs to upgrade, too. It's free, so I'm not complaining, just pay attention. I hope this will solve your problem.

You also have to upgrade to 9.1.008.000 9.1.507.000 Zassi. After the update VSMON went through the roof with the average CPU utilization of 25-30%. It got so bad that even when playing an MP3 on UT DL was not possible. Tired I went back to version 9.1.008.000 ZASSI earlier. All problems disappeared, and I am UT (2.0) currently, and lively, can function normally. Quick glance shows that VSMON inactive between 1 and 3%. Fear that a change in the newer version (at least for me) because of this absurd VSMON CPU utilization. I have read other people reported similar problems earlier in 2007.

Yes, I installed the first version 9.1.008. I said this because I installed the first nine .1.570 completely removed, just to be sure that no traces were left (for example, or the library kernel driver). After removing in safe mode I did fresh installation of version 9.1.008 Zassi. This VSMON began to behave and the CPU load VSMON back to levels ~ 5% compared to UT activities. Also published and discussed this question on the forum ZA. Perhaps suggests ZASSI bit delayed, but I have my messages deleted by moderators. It is reported as "off topic" but again, off-topic cannot be wrong if you set yourself. And of course (I agree BTW) on the functioning of the moderator, there is no discussion.