Thread: Does uTorrent conflict with Opera and Internet Explorer?

Does uTorrent conflict with Opera and Internet Explorer?

I have a desktop computer which is installed with Windows XP on it. The computer is having a Internet connection. The browsers which are installed on my computer are Opera and Internet Explorer. Recently I installed uTorrent on the computer and after installation of uTorrent on the computer, I am not able to visit certain websites on the computer. So I want to know if the uTorrent application conflicts with Opera and Internet explorer or not? While opening some websites, both the browser give error saying "Page cannot be loaded". How do I solve this problem? Any information about the topic is more than welcome. Thanks in advance.

Re: Does uTorrent conflict with Opera and Internet Explorer?

Any application which is installed on the computer will only conflict with other application if some files are common to them. I dont think the uTorrent will have any file which is common to the Opera or Internet explorer and hence I think uTorrent is not conflicting with the proper operation of the browser. There must be some other reason for the websites not opening on the computer.

If you feel that the uTorrent is conflicting with the opera and internet browser, you can check the performance by removing the uTorrent from the computer. Uninstall Utorrent from the control panel. Delete all the files which are associated to uTorrent and then remove all the registry keys. Once all the traces of uTorrent are removed, open the browser and visit the website which you were not able to visit. See if you are able to visit the website or not.

It is possible that the internet connection which you are using is having some problems due to which some of the websites are not working. Therefore I would suggest that you check the internet connectivity by visiting the websites like Speedtest.net and run all the tests. Check the performance of the Internet connection.

By looking at the problem it seems like the uTorrent is using the same port for communication as the http or ssl protocol and hence the browsers are being blocked while using the uTorrent. You can check the ports which are being used by the uTorrent and change it to some other free port. After changing the ports, check the performance of the browser.

According to me the uTorrent client is taking up all the available bandwidth and hence the browsers are not able to access the internet. If the uTorrent is not configured properly, it will take up all the bandwidth which is available for downloading the file which will create some problems for other internet application. Limit the download and you will not face the same problem.