Thread: uTorrent does not cap upload-speed correctly

uTorrent does not cap upload-speed correctly

Hello people, I hope I get a proper solution here. I have installed uTorrent on the computer and its working great for downloading torrents but I am facing some problems with the upload speed. Usually I get the upload speed upto 70kbps and hence I limited the upload speed to 15kbps but still the upload speed is not getting limited. It is always greater than 50kbps at a particular instance. Hence I want to know how to limit the upload speed in uTorrent? Please help.

Re: uTorrent does not cap upload-speed correctly

You must not have set the correct limit to the upload speed and hence the upload speed is going above 50kbps. Open uTorrent and go to the configuration. Check the configuration for the application again and see if the limit for the upload speed is set properly or not. Make the necessary changes as required in the configuration and then check the upload speed.

I am also having the same problem with the uTorrent which I have installed on the computer. I have set the upload speed limit to 10 kbps still the upload which is shown in the uTorrent window is more. As the upload speed is more, the download speed on uTorrent is suffering. So can you help me in solving this issue?

Just limiting the upload speed on the uTorrent will not help you in reducing the upload speed, you will have to limit local peer bandwidth, To limit the local peer bandwidth on uTorrent, open the uTorrent and go to the network configuration. Set a limit to the local peer bandwidth and save the settings. Now restart the utorrent and see if the upload limit is working or not.

Hey thanks for replying to the post really fast. As suggested I set the limit to the upload limit as well as to the local peer bandwidth but still the upload speed is above the desired speed. Is there any problem with the application which I am using? Should I use some other application for torrents?

As limiting the local peer bandwidth did not help, I think there must be DHT enabled on the utorrent. If DHT is enabled then the uTorrent access other torrent swarms other than the one connected and hence the bandwidth usage is high. Therefore if the DHT is enabled, disable it and check the performance of uTorrent.

It worked like a charm. DHT was enabled on the uTorrent which was creating such problems. The uTorrent was sharing the file on all the available networks and hence the upload speed was not limited. Now I disabled the DHT on uTorrent which has really helped in limiting the connection. Thanks for all the help.