Thread: Install utorrent plus webui to NAS

Install utorrent plus webui to NAS

I have explore some days back, the subsistence os Synology and your huge line of NAS. Who did I expose the brand? Recommended through via friend so I have to store that advice with me. What do I require, put back my desktop, 24/7 on so as to downloads torrents on my 100/20Mb fiber connection. I also run emule occasionally at the similar time, i want to hold it up by private trackers, capable to produce torrents, as I’ve uploaded 2 bays for raid 0, as per my knowledge non raid solution don't last more than 1 year, at least not for me. I desire to map a network force on my windows computer so I can down the line, torrent file and fall it on torrent client previously and start automatically to seed in a incredibly simple way, ex:i download the torrent, set the files on the right dir and it observe it and begin seeding, so physical re-check would be suggest.

Re: Install utorrent plus webui to NAS

1. Yes, the DiskStation can hold up Torrent Protocols and Emule too. A private tracker inside Torrents is supported. Generate fresh torrents for seeding is presently not supported.

2. Through regards for 2-bays, we contain a diversity of 2-bay DiskStations, starting through the DS210j, upwards to the good-performance DS209+II. Think that you are most likely by means of this DiskStation to crowd a group of torrent jobs, I would suggest appearing at the DS209+II. The superior performance is helpful as you run additional torrents at the similar time.

DS209+II is the simply one I still view of buying however after following your link to "where to by" the corporation that sell you products at this time in Portugal, where I’m as of, finished it not possible 784 U.S. dollars (Google sources) whole it not possible for me, a dwelling user, to even keep on track. Your products closure way ahead of the additional, as in terms of functionality however your dealer appear to be somehow..."crazy" regarding the cost of products.

However you can also install ktorrent and this is the Linux version of uTorrent, truthful? It would be immense to encompass torrents automatically download through RSS feeds, and uTorrent has forever worked fine for me, however I would be open to using the built in bit torrent client if it can able to manage that for me. Thanks!

Repackaged by the manufacturers. Functions can be many, but not often accomplished, and especially a little pretentious given the characteristics of most NAS. Rotate PHP, Apache, MySQL and even a BitTorrent client (in addition to basic services of the NAS) on 32 or 64MB ... it's a bit much. As far as administration, it is often done via a Web page to take close look to Webmin...It's very pleasant to use, especially for the general public and users in a hurry, rather accustomed to Windows conventions.

At present I am using utorrent on a usual 90+W PC. I suppose I will encompass to install Transmission or rtorrent. What complexity, if anybody moving to a NAS? Existing true world DSL bandwidth is 18 Mbit down, 2 Mb up. I'm on a 100mbit network (Dlink 635 router restriction). Making a use of typically private trackers, client application and their versions.