Thread: uTorrent doesnt open in full screen mode

uTorrent doesnt open in full screen mode

Hey I need some advice in solving a small problem with uTorrent application installed on my computer. Whenever I start the application, a small icon occurs on the task bar which shows that the application is running but I am not able to check which files are being downloaded as the uTorrent does not open in full screen mode. How do I make the application open in full screen mode? Please help.

Re: uTorrent doesnt open in full screen mode

It is possible that the version of the application installed on the computer is corrupt due to which the application is not working properly. Click on Start and select Control panel. Go to add/remove application and select the Utorrent application. Click on Remove and let the procedure complete. Remove all the traces of the application and then reinstall the application. Hopefully it will work.

Perform a full system scan for virus using any online tool. Many websites provide online scan facility. Get the full system scanned and check for all the files which are corrupt. Remove the files which are infected. If the files of the uTorrent are infected, you will have to reinstall the application for using it. You can also perform a local system scan if you have an updated antivirus.

Sometimes the screen resolution creates problem while opening the application in full screen mode. When the application is maximized, it opens in full screen mode, but it is not visible due to the resolution of the screen. Adjust the resolution of the screen to the maximum and then check if the uTorrent works in full screen mode or not.

There is a setting files for the uTorrent which has all the configuration and settings for the application. If the setting file gets corrupt such problem will be faced. Therefore I will suggest that you find and delete the setting file of uTorrent and see if the application is working or not. Find "settings.dat" from the computer and restart the application.

Thanks for suggesting so many solutions. I tried changing the resolution of the computer and it really helped for starting the application in full screen mode but it worked for sometime then I deleted the settings file which you had suggested and it worked.