Thread: VIA HD audio deck in Windows 7

VIA HD audio deck in Windows 7

I am using VIA VT1708B 8 Channel High Definition Audio (this is builtin and tagged on my Asus P5KPL-AM motherboard). As well as, I have installed windows 7 and currently running with the issue of installing it (VIA hd audio deck) in windows 7 x64.. Do you have any solution regarding this....Any solution would be appreciated ?. I hope you can help me .!!!!

Re: VIA HD audio deck in Windows 7

I think, there is something you are missing here and you should try to install the suggeted driver package here , which I assume provided with that software...

This one audio drivers provided on the official website of windows also and it is important and general sound effect drivers with common functions. System manufacturers and motherboard vendors configure audio hardware and software and therefore, to make sure optimal sound quality and support, we strongly suggest you to get the system-validated and certified audio drivers and ask the about the same to your system manufacturer or motherboard manufacturer.

Stop the Audio Deck from booting with Windows. First, you need to check out in the program itself for another options. Try right-clicking on the icon or find out the program listed in Start Menu. If you are unable to figure this out or there are no options in the program, delete this from your Startup matrix:

Start Orb=>Search box=>type: msconfig and when it come up with the Results box above, right-click and select "Run as Administrator".

If you required for an admin password or for making sure, type the password, or click Continue. Then find out what is on the Startup tab. You don't require to reboot that immediate, but the after sometime you do you will find a dialog stating that you have used the tools . Commonly, within the Vista environment, it will be blocked by Windows Defender and you will require to allow this so you can then tick the box which says in effect..
    Last edited by RoninBlade; 17-06-2010 at 01:00 PM.

Fine, implementing Asus VIA Audio Drivers for the motherboard I can obtain the drivers installed and Vdeck loads. However, when going to switch to expert mode in Vdeck panel I receive a Vdeck appcrash error and it quits automatically . It will be open again but again if I try to move into expert mode the software crashes. So it shows as its either an Asus or a VIA software issue. With the VIA Drivers, I don't understand as long as I do with the Asus drivers plus the Asus driver is a 6.90c driver as opposed to 6.50a driver from VIA. It seems as I will be waiting on Asus and VIA to resolve it for Windows 7. It works just incapable to choose Optical out so stuck w/ 6 Channel Direct audio for present !!! I think, this helps others and or the higher ups.

I am also having same issue . I am unable to get the optical SPDIF to initialize and work entirely . I am unable to even get the VIA deck (control panel) or drivers to install. The install got failed in any procedure and come up with the error message as "missing component" ....if I install the ver. 6.50 from the VIA driver d/l page. If I go with the ASUS mobo disc, I receive an message as error "unsupported OS" using the ASUS package installer. I have tried within the compatibility mode but not successful. Please let me know if you get anything as same , I will do the same.

You need to go for the official support and call them up - ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-

The only variations that I can see between the one on that board and yours is the VT1708B, and the some difference is the VT1708S. If you receive the reference driver from Via ..It is for both fixes, so there is sure possibility that the driver can be obtained from the official website would work for yours.I have also running with the same board and as for how well the Via sound works I couldn't say you as I never got more of anything that had anything better to say about this...