Thread: Upgrade utorrent to latest version

Upgrade utorrent to latest version

Hello,
    I use utorrent to download stuff from internet. I like it very much it is fast and also very useful at times. I had a question, how can I upgrade utorrent to the latest version? If you have an idea regarding this then please let me know. I do not want to un install utorrent and install the new version instead I would like to upgrade it to the latest version. Thank you.

Re: Upgrade utorrent to latest version

Well, since I update utorrent (v 1.7.7), when I close the program and reopen later, utorrent starts checking my DL. Having a bit fast computer, the process is extremely slow to check all utorrent DL. Before the upgrade, utorrent checked the DL only when I left savagely (ctrl + alt + del or "program not responding"). But there is systematic, even if I take the precaution of leaving utorrent well validating the confirmation message, the reboot, I check all my DL.

I wanted to upload faster than 100kb/s. Having done all the possible settings (open ports, forced sharing and unlimited ...) it turns out that it is my subscription to Orange that I limit my speed! Just how stupid. Namely, for a subscription 1M, the max upload is 50kb of /s to 8MB of it will be 100kb/s and 16MB of it will be 200KB/s. Note: Files that I share, and not files that I download (download).

There are fewer than two months I bought a PC and I installed Vista portable Utorrent. I configured the firewall and my livebox and I had the little green circle (for information I use a port) that told me that everything is properly configured. I went for my one month tif (I have no connection to my tif) and when I come back I updated windows and utorrent and now I have the yellow triangle that tells me there is a problem.

I just spent at Numeric cable (fiber 100MB), before that I was at Free (unbundling) with a Linksys router between my modem and my PC. I'm connected via Ethernet (Motherboard Asus A8N-E nForce4) and uses the version 7 MicroTorrent. I opened port 2345 TCP and UDP in my router interface (green icon in MicroTorrent) set limits reception to 0 (unlimited) and limited the offering to 5kb/s. Despite a config that seems good, I'm throttled to 30kb / s total (not per torrent). I had this problem with Free and I have it with Numeric cable. So a prior it does not come from my ISP but rather the router config or microTorrent.

Since I did Windows Update on Vista last Thursday, Utorrent cuts internet connection for browsers such as IE 7, Firefox or any other apps like Skype, MSN, Windows Mail, etc. Only Utorrent continues to operate as if nothing had happened. The only way to solve the problem: reboot. I tried to disable the mapping UNP, NAT-PMP, net.max_halfopen down the value of a 4 but after four or five hours, it's pretty random in fact. What to do? nickel before it worked without me though is a button.

I have μtorrent 1.7.7, and since qq days now, I encounter a problem that I had already met with Azureus and I have not found a solution. I run μtorrent, my torrents and downloads, the numbers of sources and customers and SYSTEMATICALLY ABNORMALLY absent or very weak, 0 (163), 0 (2136). But that's not all, the speed of receiving stream, while the latter is not limited, no more than 2 KB/s. And the highlight of the show is that after few minutes to, all activity stops, and my Internet connection appears to be operational, but the fact is that I can go more mm on the Internet.

Older versions of BitTorrent programs required a so-called "tracker", ie a central server, the information on the downloading is file contains (ie, who the file will download else, etc.). With the implementation of the Kademlia algorithm is now but a tracker free operation is possible, that one is no longer a central trackerserver-dependent, but the Tracker function is taken over by the clients. uTorrent has the Kademlia algorithm implemented.