Thread: Canon i860 printer USB driver

Canon i860 printer USB driver

I have installed the Canon i860 printer USB driver in my system successfully. Actually, my computer is running Windows 7 operating system now. I have done an upgradation to the same from Windows Vista. I was able to use the printer via the USB in Windows Vista. The issue that I am facing now is that I cannot get any connections in my system even if I connect the printer via the USB.

Does anyone have any idea about the reason why this is happening? Please help me with probable suggestions for solving the issue.

Re: Canon i860 printer USB driver

Even if you have installed the Canon i860 printer USB driver, it must not be for Windows 7. I mean to say that the driver may be incompatible with the Windows 7 operating system. You will have to get the USB driver of this printer that is truly compatible with Windows 7. Installing the same will resolve the situation that you are facing now. Search for the required driver on the internet.

I think that the printer is not configured via the USB port because of which you are not able to get the particular connections. Just follow the steps given below for the connection:
    1. Go to Device & Printers after connecting the printer physically.
    2. Here, select Customize Printer.
    3. Now, go to the tab called as Ports.
    4. After that, choose the option for USB port.

I hope that the printer will be connected after that.

If improper drivers are causing the problem for the printer connection, then this can be solved. This is because I have used many of the drivers for Windows Vista without any issues for Windows 7. Well, you will have to get the compatibility tool for those drivers or softwares. Installing such tools will do all the required compatibility settings for the particular software or driver to work in Windows 7.

I think that even if the Canon i860 printer USB driver, such a problem can occur. This situation can be caused because you have upgraded to Windows 7. It would not have been so if you would have done a clean install of the same. Most of the users who have upgraded to Windows 7 cannot use the softwares and applications that just support Windows Vista, but those who have done a clean install can do so. So, my recommendation is to do a clean install as soon as possible.

Thanks for all your views and suggestions on the Canon i860 printer USB driver with the Windows 7 operating system. According to all your replies, I think that I must get the driver that is compatible with Windows 7.

Well, I have not checked for it till now. I will be trying to get it today. I will let you know if the problem is solved after I install the same.