Thread: Maplestory on Windows 7

Maplestory on Windows 7

I am using Windows Vista currently and will be switching to Windows 7 soon. I want to know that is it possible to work with Maplestory on Windows 7. I have heard that this particular operating system has incompatibility issues with many applications, softwares and games. This is why I am having the particular query.

Please help me with all possible information on this topic. I am waiting for your comments.

Re: Maplestory on Windows 7

I suppose that you will have to get this information that Maplestory will work on Windows 7 or not by yourself. You will have to install the same in a system having the Windows 7 operating system. After that, run the hardware and software evaluation wizard in your system. You will get a list of all the components installed in your system, according to the compatibilities and incompatibilities. If you get this software among the incompatibility list, then you cannot use it in Windows 7.

Maplestory will on Windows 7, even if it is incompatible with the operating system. You will have to use the compatibility mode for this software. This can be done with the help of the option for "troubleshoot compatibility". Here, you will get the option to use the Windows XP mode. These are the recommended settings that are provided by the user. I have used Maplestory on Windows 7 with the same method and hence, I can assure you that it will work.

If you do not use the compatibility mode for Maplestory on Windows 7, that is if you try to use it directly, then you will get a GameGuard (0) error. Inorder to avoid this problem, it is required that the compatibility mode must be used as mentioned in the above post by Sam.D. Even I was able to use Maplestory without any issues on Windows 7 by this technique.

A point that has to be remembered while using the compatibility mode for Maplestory on Windows 7, one has to remember that the proper DirectX version has to be select accordingly. Wrong selections can lead to further problems. So, you will have to do all the settings with care. This means that the proper configuration of DXWnd has to be done for it to work correctly in Windows 7.

I advice you that you must not upgrade to the Windows 7 operating system. You will face incompatibility problems then. Rather than that, do a clean install of the same. Thus, you will be able to use Maplestory on Windows 7 also. Moreover, you will be able to avoid the problems that will be encountered with other applications and programs as seen in the upgraded operating system.