Thread: Remote Eye TV and Mac OS X

Remote Eye TV and Mac OS X

Hello,
    Being the owner of an Eye TV 200 comes with a remote, I was wondering if anyone had found a small program that allows you to use the remote with other applications In particular with itunes. If you have done this before and know an solution for this then please let me know. Thank you.

Re: Remote Eye TV and Mac OS X

You'll probably notice that the infrared receiver for the remote control is located on Key TV. So I think that's the key that receives signals from its side and sends the info to the Mac that acts on the software. Unlike the Apple Remote that is well received on the front of the laptop, iMac and Mini. I find it so crappy anyway remote that it is returned in its box after an hour, so the Apple remote enough. And if you've got a Sony Ericsson recently, you can configure it to control your Mac via Bluetooth (finite infrared reception problems when the key behind the TV is Mac). And then, the Elgato remote loses interest, so much so that she regrets not optional history not pay. I should add that via Controller Mate, which allows you to customize the behavior of all control devices connected, appears the Apple IR receiver (integrated ) but not that of the TV stick.

The problem is that my iMac is not equipped with an IR receiver, or a Bluetooth module. I have read that Remote Buddy allows you to use the Eye TV Remote with iTunes, but it is not clear if it uses the IR receiver of the key TNT or the Mac. I will install the trial version of Remote Buddy when I received my remote. A solution might be to use the iPod Touch via the Remote Buddy AJAX iApp, but this does not seem to me the easiest way to change the TV channel.

By cons, this is quite possible, is to buy the EyeTV Remote (sold separately). You can use it via a small IR receiver on the stick, and Remote Buddy deals with assigning it to the chosen application. All buttons are configurable, it is very practical. This is the solution I found for my remote control all apps from my iMac G4 (stripped IR receiver). Even you can try the same.