Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 16-06-2010

Mac OS X equivalent to putty

Hello,
I'm looking for an OS X equivalent of putty (I want to connect via ssh with private key on a linux machine. So my question is are there alternatives to putty. I found programs like Cyberduck or Fugu, but I do not know if that answers my need. Can you suggest me a ssh client that can do the job. Thank you.
Old 16-06-2010

Re: Mac OS X equivalent to putty

Why do you need to do that on mac os? You open a Terminal (/ Applications / Utilities) and you use ssh, simply. If you want to simply SFTP (or FTP over SSL) there Transmit (fee) or Fugu (which you already). This is the ideal way to log in to ssh service and this way is also very easy.
Old 16-06-2010

I chose the solution natively ssh and it seems to connect to the target gateway. The more "complicated" to understand was that I was able to access the port 23, I had to be root, so that my username on the remote machine was different.

Code:
example @ test ssh-p 119-s-i -L 5901: 
mmm.mmm.mm.mm: 5901-L mmm.mmm.mm.mm: 5801-L 5900: 
mmm.mmm.mm.mm: 5900 L-23: mmm.mmm.mm.mm: 23-X
Okay now I'll try to use VNC.
Old 16-06-2010

Yes, otherwise, you can also use the exchange of public keys. It makes intensive use of connection without having to resign every time, and especially not pass the password again, it was encrypted. In other words, you save your session, and every time you throw your ssh command, you have reached your prompt, all safely. If interested, I can spin the proc to do so. It's stupid as cabbage and AC greatly simplifies life. I'm looking for a way to mount SFTP volume in the Finder as it can be done with ftp. I do not think this is possible, but just in case.
Old 16-06-2010

I get to give problems to connect via SSH. So what I'm trying to do is to connect via SSH to tunnel created. Under Windows I use Putty and it works a wonder. On Mac I cons by the following command ds claps the terminal:
Code:
ssh-L 7171: localhost: 7171 user @ myserver
Then it asks me the password server And then it myself out:

Server: rps
IP: 87.98.162.233
hostname: r24560.ovh.net

Exactly the same thing under windows I concluded that there is no problem. I configure Firefox to connect to walk the tunnel. So ds the line I put socks proxy: localhost and port 7171 I put. Then I try to view a page and the terminal leaves me: r24560 ~ # channel 3: open failed: connect failed: Connection refused.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,