Thread: Office 2010 Language pack

Office 2010 Language pack

During my office trip to Spain, I purchased a laptop from there which came along with Windows Vista and Office 2010 installed. Now I am in India. I tried to run it and found that everything was in Spanish. I somehow managed to get Windows Vista in English but not Office 2010, it is still displaying Spanish words. How could I get it in English? I search about it on internet and found that I would have to install the language pack. But the problem is that I am unable to find this pack over internet. Does anyone know a place from where I can download it.

Re: Office 2010 Language pack

I don't think you need to install anything. It comes by default with the office 2010 suite. It is called as proofing tools which contains English, French and Spanish support. So you change choose any of the languages based on your preferences and get your office once again. All you have to do is go to Review > Language > Set proofing language and make your choice. Or in Spanish language: OpiniĆ³n> Idioma > Definir el idioma de pruebas

There is yet another option if you are not able to find the correct steps to get English language. Yes, it is indeed installing the language pack. Download the Office 2010 Language Pack and install it on your computer. Once installed it will automatically find the system language and convert its interface accordingly. If it isn't then you may also set the interface language from the control panel.

Thanks guys for your suggestion. I tried the proofing tools steps to find the change language but it was of no help. For the language pack download, I downloaded it but I am unsure how to install it. Could you help me out how to do the same?

• Double-click on the installation file and click continue.
    • Select Microsoft Office 2010 language pack from the list and click Continue button.
    • Accept the license agreement and click Continue button.
    • Here, you can choose between custom or direct install methods. Make your choice by clicking any of the buttons and following the wizard.
    • After completion, you will prompted with a message.