Thread: PCTools Firewall and Bad Company 2

PCTools Firewall and Bad Company 2

I am having an issue in using the PCTools Firewall plus and Bad Company 2 together. As i have installed the PCTools most of the time but still getting the punkbuster error every time i am trying to access the game online. When i starts the game at that time i am getting the error regarding the two punkbuster file which are unable to connect to net. So if any one is having knowledge about it then please let me know the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: PCTools Firewall and Bad Company 2

Just let me know about the PCTools Firewall version that you are using which will be easier for me to get the solution of your problem that i am talking about. The older version of the PCTools are having the problem like this with the Punkbuster file which are causing problem and the developer teams has worked on this and released the new version of the same and this does not having any problem like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ThoMas321 View Post
    Just let me know about the PCTools Firewall version that you are using which will be easier for me to get the solution of your problem that i am talking about. The older version of the PCTools are having the problem like this with the Punkbuster file which are causing problem and the developer teams has worked on this and released the new version of the same and this does not having any problem like this.
    I am using the PCTools Firewall Plus version v6.0.0.88 which i think is not the older one which you are talking about. So let me know if this version is the reason behind cause.

No as per my knowledge this version is not having the problem like this which will create the issue with the Bad Company 2. But still you are getting the error with this version of the PCTools Firewall plus then i will advise you to upgrade the version to the latest version of the same which might resolve your issue. Also let me know about the working if it works.

I think that the problem which you are getting is not because of the PCTools just first check that your firewall is allowing the Bad Company 2 or the punkbuster file to access the Internet or not. If the firewall is not allowing the same then it is obvious to get the error like this. So check it first and then see whether you are getting this or not.

I will advise you to check your system first for the virus and then try to run the same. Some of the time certain spyware or malware are always blocking the process to access the network if this will be your case then you have to take care of it. Just run a full system scan with the updated antivirus with the latest definition of it and see whether you are getting any virus or not.

If all the above replies are not working for you then i think it is better if you pass this question to the developer of the PCTools. As they might have gone through the lots of problem like this and having the exact solution about your issue. So go through the same and fine the solution of. It. I hope this will work. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macarenas View Post
    If all the above replies are not working for you then i think it is better if you pass this question to the developer of the PCTools. As they might have gone through the lots of problem like this and having the exact solution about your issue. So go through the same and fine the solution of. It. I hope this will work. Thanks
    Thanks a lot for all the replies which is given regarding my issue. I have gone through all and work with each. The one which will work for me will update in this post.