Thread: My Spyware Doctor Smart Update is working very slow

My Spyware Doctor Smart Update is working very slow

I had installed Spyware Doctor in my system. The smart update in the tool is working very slow. I had tried to update the same many times but that does not work. The update is stuck at a position and still it does not move further. Is there any other way to update the same. Will that be powerful to scan my system and remove spyware from it. What are other sypware tools. Thanks.

Re: My Spyware Doctor Smart Update is working very slow

I will recommend you to re-install the tool back again. Many times the software is not installed properly or some files are missing in the system. In my system the software tools a very long to scan my system. After a fresh installation I found that the performance of the system was improved to a great extent. So the same you should also try back. Try to get the setup file of the software from official sources only.

Does your internet connection is stable. Check it first. For update it is necessary that your internet must stay alive at the time of update. If you are using a dial up network then the same will usually take a long time to get update. The speed of dail up internet is quiet slow where it will take around a hour to download 30 mb downloads. Try the same on a fast internet connection.

If you still want to use Spyware Doctor then the best thing you can do here is to download a manual update for the same. The official site will provide you a manual setup file for the same. Download it and then run the setup. Once done reboot your system and then check back. Scan your system for test weather the updates are effective or not. You can check the date of the last updates.

I am using SpyBot - Search & Destroy which searches and removes spyware that it detects on your computer. It is capable of detecting several kinds of unwanted software, such as Trojans and keyloggers, software that monitor and record what is typed with the keyboard. You then can select to remove spyware. It is best for basic and expert work. And a manual update is also available for the same.

Disable your firewall first and then check back. Many time the Windows Firewall system blocks unwanted incoming and outgoing connections. It happens in case of many softwares which prompts for updates. Go to control panel and click on firewall. Then disable the same from there. If you want much secure system then you can add then antivirus under the exception list of firewall.

I am also using SpyBot Search & Destroy. It is really effective. There are two version single and advance version of the software. Spybot can also prevent spyware that you might could download with Internet Explorer. For update issue check your system thoroughly that there is not any specific tool which is causing the updates not to work properly. Re-installation can fix up the same.