Thread: help please - error 104 with PC tools

help please - error 104 with PC tools

I am getting an whenever I log onto my computer system and the error message indicating that.

" PC Tools has encountered a problem, please reboot or if the problem persists contact support with error 104 ".
    I have tried to uninstall this but that just turned off my internet access properly and currently if I am going to try with the uninstallation procedure then it is saying that the program is not completely installed! I am still receiving the error 104 on start up... Can someone please help me out !

Re: help please - error 104 with PC tools

would you tell me something about your current environment means which one operating system, you are using right now. This would be helpful for us to measure the issue. By the way, the primary solution for this type of error is basically, you required to update this now and I think it can solve your issue. Just go to try this one and report me if you are getting any issues after that...

I got some issues with the PC tools v3.6.0.34. I have tried to investigate a custom scan just of c:\windows as well as memory and the respective boot sector specified . when I move to start the scan procedure, I press the Scan button and then after I received an error message :

"PC Tools has encountered ann error. Please reboot. If this continues please contact customer support with error 104".
    (I don't remember the exact erorr message, but near enough), please suggest me the solution and tell me what should be the issue .

You have to download the PCTAV_Logging.zip from the official site and then start to follow the steps suggested as follows and send us the log files.

1. Unzip entire files from PCTAV Logging.zip onto your desktop
    2. Get quit from PC Tools Antivirus if already executing , to quit from PC Tools Antivirus,just right click on the PC Tools Antivirus icon suggested in the system tray and quit throuh that.
    3. Execute Delete_Logs.bat - remove your recent PC Tools Antivirus log files
    4. Execute Increase_Logging.reg - reconfigure the log settings so that it captures more explanation for the error
    5. Restart your system.
    6. Execute the PC Tools Antivirus and make sure that Error 103 is shown
    7. execute the Copy_Logs.bat
    8. Execute Default_Logging.reg - Changes the log configurations back to normal, system performance should be back to normal

The error 104 that is getting occurred in some strict situation and mainly it happens when PCTAV(GUI)unable to communicate with the service named as PCTAVSvc(Service). You should go through the suggestions below to fix this type of issues:

1) Open services ( Control Panel\Administrative Tools\Services )
    2) Start 'PC Tools AntiVirus Engine'.

Before going to do anything, you have to be sure that if you are working on Windows Vista SP1 that you have the latest Windows Update.

wiliamsmith10 Guest

I suggest you to use trusted anti virus. like norton ,macfee or kespersky.
    install any one and update it every week. and scan your pc.
    in the trusted antivirus your never faced that type of problem and it give you best protection.
    Last edited by Maqbool; 15-06-2010 at 04:49 PM. Reason: External Links Not Allowed, Not Even In Signatures.