Thread: Windows 7 IP Range problem

Windows 7 IP Range problem

I am having two system one is Desktop running the Windows XP SP2 and another is laptop which is running the Windows 7 both connected through the network. Desktop is connected through the LAN Cable and other one is with the wireless. I am able to set the IP range in the XP running machine but when i type the 3rd number for IP i am getting ping sound and does not allow to enter the same. So please let em know if i am wrong. Thanks in advance.

Re: Windows 7 IP Range problem

I think there might some issue with the network driver which might be not allowing the IP. So i think it is better if you once installed the Network driver for your system running the Windows 7 which might got corrupted by any reason. So i will advise you to do the same and let me know whether it is working or not.

There might be possibility that your Wireless is blocking or not allowing the IP to set. First check that your router firewall is on or off. If it is on then it might be not allowing any change in the IP for the security reason. So in that case you have to turn off the Firewall of your Router and check again. Which might help you for same.

Quote Originally Posted by Raine View Post
    I think there might some issue with the network driver which might be not allowing the IP. So i think it is better if you once installed the Network driver for your system running the Windows 7 which might got corrupted by any reason. So i will advise you to do the same and let me know whether it is working or not.
    I have done with both the things that you people have discussed but let me tell you that these are not working for me and i am still getting the same issue. So please let me know some of the things that can help me out with the same.

If all the above replies are not working for you and you are still getting the same problem after the installation of the driver then let me tell you that this can be resolve with the help of the repairing of the Windows 7 installation. Just insert the Windows 7 CD repair the installation. This might work for you.