Thread: Runtime Error on Spyware Doctor

Runtime Error on Spyware Doctor

I have a problem with Spyware Doctor. Since the last use of the software, I receive an error message that appears when starting my computer. It shows some runtime error. I am not sure what it is telling. But I found a error message which says Application pctsTray.exe could not be completed because the file PCToolsComponents.blp found. I had tried to uninstall the same but that does not work.

Re: Runtime Error on Spyware Doctor

You have to understand that the problem is with the software Spyware Doctor. You have to first uninstall the software and then reinstall the same back again. I was having the similar issue with me were every time I receive the same error message. This greatly slowed my computer. I do not understand much about the methods to remove this software. You can uninstall the same from safe mode.

You can uninstall your software by Control panel > Add/Remove program.Or else you can go through the registry to remove it. For that click on Start > Run and type regedit. Then search for the key of spyware doctor and remote it. You can right click on the same and press delete. Reboot your system. Most of the software setup gives you option to repair the application.

If you face that error on boot up then you can stop the service. First click on Start > Run and then type msconfig hit enter. If the service is not entirely stopped then you cannot uninstall the same. Then remove the same. I will prefer you to install MalwareBytes and run the same. You can try to re-install the same. Try to download a fresh setup of the same.

I also tried to uninstall spyware doctor but I am getting the same error message. I just tried to restart the service PCTools security service and try to stop it again, and here I have the same error message that appears when I turn on my computer. The application PCTray.exe could not be done again popups on my system. I guess the problem really comes from the service.

If you wants to uninstall Spyware Doctor due to error or to save space on the hard drive then I prefer reinstall then uninstall. There are simple procedures that require power but rather extended. There are various ways to figure out the software installation. The first thing you need to is disable the software by clicking Start, then select Run > msconfig. In that double-click on Service and then select Pc Tools Spyware Doctor under startup. Disable that and then try to uninstall the same from Add/Remove.

If ever in your system the installation encountered problems then a check for new version or updates for that. Always check that by booting in safe boot. You can do that by pressing F8 when the computer turns on. Delete teh files from C:\program files\ Spyware Doctor. Reboot and then re-install the same back again. Once you get rid of that then boot in normal mode and get a fresh download copy.