Thread: Omnia CD setup.exe does not start

Omnia CD setup.exe does not start

I am trying to install Omnia from quite a long time in the Windows 7 operating system that I have recently installed. I have done a clean install, that is by removing the older operating system, that is Windows XP. I had installed it in Windows XP ans everything was working fine. But now, Omnia CD setup.exe does not start. I cannot understand why this is happening. I get a message saying that some sort of problem has been encountered in the setup. Please recommend some solution to get rid of this issue.

Re: Omnia CD setup.exe does not start

The issue that the Omnia CD setup.exe does not start is being caused because the operating system is blocking the software from installing. This is a security feature of the operating system and not any kind of problem according to me. You can solve this issue by starting the setup with the help of the option for "run as administrator". This will force the setup to start.

There are many incompatibility issues with many softwares and applications in Windows 7, that used to work fine in the older versions of the Windows operating system. The Omnia CD setup.exe does not start is one such issue. This is why it is always recommended by most of the experts that the upgradation or installation of this particular operating system must be avoided.

I suggest you to degrade the operating system to Windows Vista. The setup will hopefully start in it.

Hello there.........

If the Omnia CD setup.exe does not start because of any kind of incompatibility problem, then I dont think that there is a need for the change of the operating system. There are compatibility tools released for all those softwares and applications that are facing such kinds of incompatibility problems in Windows 7. So, get the compatibility tool for Omnia and install it before trying to start setup.exe.

Just let me know if the situation is avoided after that or not.......

It seems as if the Omnia CD setup.exe does not start problem is being caused because of some incompatibility. It is possible that some other component in the system is causing some conflict and this is resulting for the failing of the setup. Well, run the hardware and software evaluation tool in your system and remove all the incompatibilities that are been listed with the help of the wizard.

You can set the operating system in the compatibility mode to make the Omnia CD setup.exe to start in the mode that it is compatible with it. The option for troubleshoot compatibility will help to do this setting. Infact, the system provides some recommended settings to take it in the compatible mode of Windows XP or Windows Vista. After coming into that mode, you must be able to start this setup.

The Omnia CD setup.exe was not able start because the operating system was blocking the setup. Well, I used the run as administrator option as suggested in one of the above posts. Then, the setup was able to start and the installation was completed successfully. It is running without any issues in my system now. Thank you for all your views and suggestions.