Thread: How to install an SSL Certificate in IIS Website

How to install an SSL Certificate in IIS Website

I am having a query which i need to solve. I just wanted to install the SSL certificate in IIS website but having no idea about How to install an SSL Certificate in IIS Website. I have created my own website and wanted to make this change but unable to do so. If you are having the method to perform the same then let me know about it.

Re: How to install an SSL Certificate in IIS Website

For that you have to take some of the important step that will achieve the same as you are looking for. JUst right click on the My Computer icon and the click on Manage. Then to the click on the Services and Application followed by the Internet Information Services. Now click on Website and right click on default website and select properties. On the windows click on Directory Security tab and click on server certification button. This will open the Server Certification Wizard click on next and select Pending Request and Install the Certificate. Enter the site location and click OK this will create the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric b View Post
    For that you have to take some of the important step that will achieve the same as you are looking for. JUst right click on the My Computer icon and the click on Manage. Then to the click on the Services and Application followed by the Internet Information Services. Now click on Website and right click on default website and select properties. On the windows click on Directory Security tab and click on server certification button. This will open the Server Certification Wizard click on next and select Pending Request and Install the Certificate. Enter the site location and click OK this will create the same.
    Thanks for the support that you have showed me but i am not able to get it as it is little messy. So if possible then let me know about the same ion the stepwise manner so that can perform the same without any issue.

OK as you are unable to get the complete things easily here i am explaining everything in step manner. So please follow it carefully.
    1. Right Click on MY computer
    2. Select Manage from context menu
    3. Click on Services and Application
    4. Click on Internet Information Services
    5. Expand Website tree
    6. Right click on Default Website
    7. Select Properties from context menu
    8. Now click on Directory Security tab
    9. Click on Server Certification button
    10. Select Pending Request and Install the Certificate and then click on next
    11. Enter the site of your.

Thats it!!!!!

We strongly recommend that all users upgrade to Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) version 7.0 running on Microsoft Windows Server 2008. IIS 7.0 significantly increases Web infrastructure security. For more information about IIS security-related topics, visit the following Microsoft Web site. More on the here .

Hey thanks for your reply that you have given me and i have got everything that you have explained here in step wise manner. And the work done by you is appreciable. I had follow the same and achieved it but not sure that it is done or not. Is there any way by which i can check that the certificate is established?

For that all you have to do is to follow the same method till the Directory tab as i have explained in my above post. And after that you will get a view certificate button underneath Server Certificate button. Click on the View Certificate button it will list the name of the domain for which certificate is established.