Thread: Unable to connect Harmony Remote software to Logitech

Unable to connect Harmony Remote software to Logitech

I just bought and installed Harmony Remote control software on my computer. This software seems to be installed properly but I am unable to connect it with Logitech. When ever I attempt to launch it I receive the error code 80004005 with some message. I didn't remember the exact message but it was related to connection issue. Do you know what is this all about? The internet is working absolutely fine and I am able to visit a lot of websites including Google.

Re: Unable to connect Harmony Remote software to Logitech

This is because, as I came to know from a friend of mine, there was some server work going on at Logitech website. This is the reason why a lot of people faced so much of problems connecting to Logitech server. There is nothing else neither hardware nor software problem on your side. I had the same problem and after some research got this information.

This is because of a recent update in Harmony Remote software. However the problem is that if you try to update it you will find that the software would crash. This happens due to software was not unpacking the update itself, instead uses some configured helper application for the same. Is you have one then delete the application and it will work as normal.

This is because Harmony Remote software is not compatible for 64 bit mode. So it will not allow Harmony Remote software to connect with Logitech. In other words, if you are using 64 bit operating system then it will not work. Other than that you can even try to reboot your computer and delete the pref file.