Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2010

windows media player music tags

I am committed to using Windows Media player - have thousands of songs there. generally works well, except that when I try to transfer music files to another one of my computers much of the media information - ID3 - that I have entered gets lost. The artist name and basic stuff is there, but the info I have hand entered (including my custom files or "keywords") just doesn't show up. Where is it kept and can it be recovered - or transferred to the new computer. Note: I am not the most experienced or knowledgeable with computers - so please go slow. thanks a million.
Old 08-06-2010

Re: windows media player music tags

I think that you will have to install the Windows Media Bonus Pack for your operating system which includes the playlist importer/exporter powertoy. If it is Windows XP then check out the Windows Media Bonus Pack for it. Fully packed with utilities, PowerToys, visualizations, skins, sound effects, and much more, you can install the Windows Media Bonus Pack on your Windows XP-based computer and let your creativity shine.

Download it from here.
Old 08-06-2010

thanks James 911. I am assuming that they charge for the special pack. Am I correct that if I transferred all of my thousands of songs into MOnkey Media that I could then transfer them from one computer to another and maintain the tags. also, is it possible to use monkey media just to populate tags that windows media would be able to read and still use the windows media to play the music. thanks again.
Old 08-06-2010

Yes, I think monkey media can automatically identify tracks that are missing information, whose tags are not synchronized, or that are duplicated elsewhere. It can also fix Tags with Automatic Lookup and Tagging of album art and other track information from Amazon and above all its free. So you can try to test it and let us know as well.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,