Thread: SetPoint - KHAL Main Processes

SetPoint - KHAL Main Processes

I have just installed the newest version of SetPoint over my old installation. I am sure that even the install dialog suggest this as being in proper way . But I currently running with two instances of the KHAL primary process running during startup. (khalmnpr.exe) One is in the "c:\windows" directory and the another one id running in the "c:\program files\common files\logitech\khalshared" directory. Is this true ? Am I working with another instance of khalmnpr.exe? Can I made disable one from all without consequence? Any help or information and some help would be appreciated for this topic .

SetPoint: 3.1.116

Re: SetPoint - KHAL Main Processes

According to your post, it seems and I also figured out the actual concept to making list of these processes, this is as well after performing the installation of SetPoint 3.10. And I think single instance of KHALMNPR.exe indicates for mouse and the other one that is also listed in the processes, is running for controlling keyboard activities but I am not actually sure about this . With the older versions of SetPoint, there was an option to perform the installation of mouse-only or mouse-and-keyboard. I would choose mouse-only and this would be evaluated in only one instance of KHALMNPR.exe (from C:\Windows). SetPoint 3.10 does not have any option to install for mouse-only..

i am so confused that it is system causes problem or it related to the software that I have just uninstalled. The components should be removed after uninstall but when I restart my system after uninstalling the Setpoint, the same process is running in task manager and taking much CPU space. One of the friend of mine suggested me to delete it through the regedit of windows and I did this but after then it is not moving at all . I then reinstalled 3.10 software and both are back. Task Manager only displays one instance running. Any suggestion for such type of issue..

As it is an executable file which is found on several systems and specially with the Logitech devices , it is possible for virus writers and spyware vendors to disguise their malware as the unique one.

There are some malicious files may running with the same name but be stored at another location other than in %SystemRoot%\System32. Some different malware may use a name that display as same to it but with slight differences in spelling or with modified digits. While there are no any viruses named as it , trojans, or adware applications that disguise themselves as this process, you should find out for this file in an inappropriate path of the system files or with a slightly different name. There is typically only single instance of such type of process running at a suggested time on a system. The availability of more than one instances may be an indicator of a malware infection.

Hi dude,

KHALMNPR.EXE is related with the Logitech Bluetooth mouse Hardware Abstraction layer.It is used as an interface which enables extra support for new devices and new methods of connecting devices with the computer system. Actually, khalmnpr.exe is needed by third-party software or hardware and should not disabled. PC Pitstop suggests WinPatrol Plus for monitoring entire background functionality on your computer system. WinPatrol Plus facilitates an simple to understand explanation of over 15,000 processes and programs.

I have recently installed the Setpoint v3.3 after downloading this from the official web site of Logitech upon Windows XP. This is a new installation of the MX5000 Bluetooth desktop (both mouse and keyboard). When I restarts my computer , I got an error message which is titled with the Logitech KHAL Main Process. And the body of the message looks as follows:

Logitech KHAL Main Process has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
    The bluetooth connection is going well with both the mouse and keyboard but the setpoint software is not functioning at all . When I open the setpoint after getting this one error message, it will not detect my mouse or keyboard. Do you have any idea or solution about this issues ?