Thread: Logitech Harmony Software 7.3.2 freezing on install!

Logitech Harmony Software 7.3.2 freezing on install!

I have spent overall two nights just trying to install the software provided with my remote an H670. The software starts to be execute and when the Install shield finishes then it skips a quarter of the window on the screen and an hour glass that move with the mouse. I made disabled the anti-virus and firewall programs installed within the system, replaced wireless cards with wired (haven't got a clue why that's a issue ) per Logitech support only to still running with the same situation from where I started to do . I even tried to exit from all the opened application and also from the system tray but that didn't help to get in proper way . Has somebody received a fix for such issue ? I am getting prepared to return it and by the software for a PDA to be a remote.

Re: Logitech Harmony Software 7.3.2 freezing on install!

I am also running with the same issue with the Harmony 550 which I have recently purchased .. I am getting stuck to install that on my Thinkpad T60 with the Windows XP pro SP2, Where as it has downloaded from Logitech's web site or the version included on the disk , Moreover, It performed the installation of my Windows XP desktop.

I tried to find out here and got this post and cullen is also have difficulties in the installation of harmonyremote7.2.1.exe. I have installed that on my laptop.. it processed very well and upon launching it, it upgraded to 7.3.2. I am not getting that , it is because of system or any components within the system which is preventing the installation of the latest version.

Actually, it can be cause so many things and primarily this is causing by some spyware or other malware. And I think, it may be your machine contains some malware on it like the Storm worm or another components of hidden evil programs which is restricting the installation and implementation ? You have to be sure about this first and for this , strongly recommended that you should run a scan for those harmful components and then check everything else going in proper way or what ?

I am very happy to get this from my brother on this christmas.So, after getting harmony remote , I tried to install with the help of disk which are provided with that and one thing more, I got the CRC errors and codes related to .dll files not matching the .cab file. I have downloaded the latest version from the official website but the same thing happening and now it has been sure that it is not an issue occurred by the software, there is something wrong with the device .

Someone here can suggest me the better solution or help to get a working copy of the software? I tried on three different PC's all with the same result. I don't have any idea that if the remote is working properly , because I cannot even get the software to install ..

Hi beryl,
    It seems very unacceptable thing that you are getting unable to install the software on three different system. I guess, you are running with a Windows based operating environment ? I would be curious to know which version you are using for your computers system . A CRC (cycle redundancy check) error could be associated with so many things including faulty install disk, OS permissions, Windows registry and a huge list of OS incapability issues. A quick google search displays that it happens to some Windows users installing all kind of programs. I can assure you that the Harmony software is working properly for entire users currently, so it must be something specifically associated to your machine . I have a some suggestions for you that you can implement during and before starting installation procedure :

1. Just make sure that you already logged on as Administrator user on your machine (is it a work/school machine with the restricted grants ?)

2. On the downloaded copy of the Harmony software, right-click and choose Properties. Click on the Compatibility tab. Find out the box Run this program in compatibility mode. Select Windows XP from the drop-down list. Try to open and install the software again.

I have a new computer which came with the installation of Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit , that is running great and I performed the installation of my entire needed application without any issue, EXCEPT ONE PROBLEM:

The latest Harmony Remote software occurs an errors during installation and doesn't allow me to run after installation got finished (even if you ignore the errors). Particular the error that I am receiving while trying to install the Harmony 7.7.0 software:

CRC error: The file C:\Program Files (x86)\Logitech\Logitech Harmony Remote Software 7\gre\components\gklayout.dll doesn't match the setup's .cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted; contact your software vendor.

There is completely seems as the issue with the Harmony Remote 7 software.Do you have any better suggestion on this !!!!!