Thread: Logitech QuickCam Communicate STX 0x80040606 error (Windows 7)

Logitech QuickCam Communicate STX 0x80040606 error (Windows 7)

Hi guys . I need some from you all that is related to the webcam from logitech . I am having a STX webcam and I don't know what type of issue is this but I am getting some trouble that come up with an wired error message and associated with the video effects.I have installed the windows 7 and I received this error message 0x80040606 when I was trying to apply the video effects. I have also tried to find out the proper fix fro this but there is no success after all research . so what should I do in this situation !!!!

Re: Logitech QuickCam Communicate STX 0x80040606 error (Windows 7)

Yeah ! I am sure, you are getting this very error message but you have to give me some information regarding this issue...

1) What is the 8xxxxx (or 860-xxxxxx) series number from the camera's identification tag ??

2) What version of the Logitech provided QuickCam software application/drivers is installed within your system ?

3) Does this problem occur when you are working with the camera in the Logitech supplied Quick-Cam software application (For example , To create still images and/or videos), or only in your third-party IM programs ?

I am running with a Logitech Quickcam Communicate STX (861194) and have installed the Quickcam v.11.7 software. I have so many queries regarding this . I am unable to retrieve the effects (there is no such icon for this) - this it not available on this model cam even with 11.7 software? Second, when I move to work with the privacy shade, I receive an error message %d and error code 0x80040606. Finally, if I used to mute the video, I receive a software error and suggested as error code 0x80040616. By thew way, I can get a privacy shade to work. I am currently working with the Compaq Presario 2.6 Mhz, XP Home SP2.

Well, you have posted this question and it will be also helpful for those guys who are running with the same issue, I need to make you sure something with the below suggested description -

P/N: 861194
    M/N: V-UAM14A
    USB\VID_046D&PID_08AD ; Petron, Logitech QuickCam Communicate STX
    QuickCam 8.4.8, and QuickCam 10.x/11.0 (This is an unofficial QuickCam 11.1)

Actually, this one camera that you are using is not properly supported with this features that you are trying to work with .

There are so many users are getting this and there is only one effective solution that you can use to fix this issue, You have ti just disable UAC. And you should go for the Start Menu and Start Search > type: "MSCONFIG"

From the Tools Menu > Disable UAC > Launch > Apply > OK > Restart. Now, you are capable to execute entire webcam´s software on Windows Live Messenger and Internet Explorer 7 as well. It always moves properly and works fine when you use a QuickCam Messenger on Windows Vista Home Premium and another Web-cams like as a Genius.

I tried all the possible things that I can do within the same situation as above members are running with . This is an update here :

I have done a "Clean" install according to the suggestions given by members . Before restarting that I thought I need to go for it a try and it worked. However, when I keep everything back where it referenced and restarted , the issue again occurred back. I am going to try performing a "clean" boot next to find out that if the issue fixes itself. If so then I think I have to some reconfiguration in in my startup settings and that is the reason of this issue .. Any advice would be appreciated.