Thread: Vista Volume Mixer problem due to setpoint

Vista Volume Mixer problem due to setpoint

SetPoint 64-bit occurred an issue with the Vista 64-bit pre-SP1 and SP1 (I am not sure about the 32-bit version) Volume Mixer. If I perform the uninstallation of SetPoint then the issue is getting resolved . I did the installation back and the same issue appeared again . After searching a lot on the Internet, I got that this is really going on just because of SetPoint incapability and not graphic drivers or Vista. But also not sure, please suggest me to sort out this problem completely!!!!

Re: Vista Volume Mixer problem due to setpoint

You should just frequently uninstall the setpoint right now and tell me about which one version you are using currently and if you are running with the older version then you should be made the update of the installed software and that would be helpful for you. So my suggestion is that you should uninstall it right now and install the latest available update on the official site of Logitech,you can select the latest one and install that after downloading . I hope, this would be helpful for you !!!!!!!

Thanks

Fine , I reinstalled all of the things such as I tried with the recent version of SetPoint (4.60.122), after making a fresh installation of Windows Vista 64-bit Ultimate install. After updating Windows Vista through the procedure of Windows Update and gotten SP1, I performed the installation of SetPoint and after all, the Setpoint is running with the same issue continuously . However, it was not there before I installed SetPoint (I did several test to be sure ).

I am not sure that it can be posted before but you know it assumes as setpoint messes up the volume mixer. this causes the pictures to "smear" . If you exit from the setpoint application then it moves away. Somebody here care to chime in on it. I am sometimes getting confused that it is because of setpoint's or some other components from the internal components of the system. Any suggestion would be appreciated ... Please take a look at the following picture!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rastogi B; 07-06-2010 at 03:04 PM.

This is a issue with the SetPoint and Vista's new per-application volume control section . If you enable the application compatibility for a program then in that case, the program will then manage the master volume (as it same thing happened in Windows XP) rather than the program's individual volume. So, you require to "turn on application compatibility" for SetPoint.exe:

1. Browse the location and open the file as C:\Program Files\SetPoint
    2. Right click on "SetPoint.exe" (it will just be "SetPoint" for counted users, with a mouse/keyboard icon) and choose "Properties"
    3. Click the "Compatibility" tab and find out the box by "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select '''Windows XP (Service Pack 2)'''
    4. Click OK to finish the changes..