Thread: SetPoint and PS/2 ports (Windows 7 RC x64)

SetPoint and PS/2 ports (Windows 7 RC x64)

I have recently installed the SetPoint 4.80 that is supported with the x64 in my Windows 7 RC (x64) and running in the dual-booting environment. The SetPoint does not assumes to see my MX 1000 when it is connected into the PS/2 port. If I replace the MX 1000 with a USB port, SetPoint looks it but during use the mouse "skips" and/or "gets stuck" every time and still the same condition is going on . The MX 1000 is working very well when I use Windows XP (x86) and also connected into the PS/2 port. It seems just as the same driver is in use: PS/2-compatible mouse. Do you have any idea about this ?

SetPoint and PS/2 ports (Windows 7 RC x64)

I am not getting your point exactly. If you are running with the dual boot means Windows 7 and Windows XP. Your mouse is detected by PS/2 port when you are working in XP and in the same way when you are working in Windows 7 then it is not detected there.Am I right ???

If so , Then you know this is going on just because of the driver issue that you have currently installed on windows 7 and you have to be update it or uninstall and then perform the installation of that in same way. The driver that you are going to download or have should be compatible with the windows 7..

Re: SetPoint and PS/2 ports (Windows 7 RC x64)

This can't not be the issue of port and all because if you have any difficulties with the port then you can not access the same port in windows xp within the same manner and proper way. Matty suggested you well and you should go for the proper driver first and then you can detect your mouse in windows 7 environment. One thing more that can be the reason for such issue and that is as PS/2 driver. May be for the same functionality, you don't need the driver for PS/2 in windows Xp but Win7 requires the appropriate driver for that ajnd I think, if you can do anything regarding the drivers for the PS/2 then you can go for that driver also...

Re: SetPoint and PS/2 ports (Windows 7 RC x64)

Hi everyone,

I suddenly got this problem and not getting why it is going on because I have installed the proper driver and that is updated and then I started searching for the solution on internet for some experts suggestion but there is no any answers there that can satisfy me with this solution . So far without any success.

My MX1000 also releases around all over the place and stops functioning when the screen saver comes up. A PS/2 driver which has just lets me work with the mouse wheel would be better.

MX1000 Laser Bluetooth not detected by Windows XP SP2

I have been running with the problem with my MX1000 currently , with Setpoint not detecting it as existing.In the morning, it was working as a generic wheel mouse. I have tried updating Setpoint with v4.00, but currently Windows would not detected it either, and I am stuck working with an previous wired mouse to expand. My MX5000 keyboard going very well but I haven't been able to get the mouse to perform in any type of situation . I performed uninstalled and reinstalled the Setpoint, used the WIDCOMM and designed in Windows BT stack, and anything not working.

The generic mouse functions are very well for office activities , but I need to be available with the added functionality for gaming. That was the primary purpose of purchasing the MX5000.