Thread: SetPoint has encountered a problem

SetPoint has encountered a problem

Hi all,

Every time,I installed the driver properly and then after came to login or try to execute the setpoint and then I received the error message as-

"SetPoint has encountered a problem, and can not continue.Please reinstall setpoint to correct this".
    I tried to done the clean installation and did at the time of booting machine and it always committed in safe mode (when I executed the setpoint). It only happens with the latest version suggested as 3.10 but not with the previous one(2.12c) which came with the disk with the mouse.

Re: SetPoint has encountered a problem

For the excellent software people at Logitech: You have a conflict with the Setpoint driver utilities with the version 3.10 and Microsoft C++ 2005 redistributable. I am continuously receiving the error message again and again and can't install or execute the software until I uninstalled the C++ software. The Setpoint software is currently installed and going very well.

Doshi1 just try to find out your add or remove software list from the control panel and get to see there if you have installed Microsoft C++ 2005 redistributable is installed and removed it if you have performed. It seems pretty sad that I bought a product only to expense 3 days trying to get it to work well.

Yeah It is working very fine for me !! Thanks you so much ! You suggested me very good and I don't think, logitech customer support can do as you suggested me to do . I spend some weeks trying to find out the proper and useful information from them and only suggestion they could provide me was to perform the clean installation and some other things that are already here which I can read myself . The expert at the logitech should definitely list such type of tips in their manuals and FAQ and save other people’s nerves and their time (as I mostly would not be the end people to have this issue ).

Thank you very much !!

Whenever, I restart my Dell Latitude D620 Window XP Laptop, after performing the installation of latest Logitech VX Revolution Mouse Driver and always getting an error message as " Setpoint has encountered a problem, and can not continue. Please reinstall Setpoint to correct this." I have completed the installation of setpoint330.exe in the same way and also setpoint310.exe included in that order but no success. I disabled the antivirus no success. I have also loaded on my Laptop McAfee Quick Clean. I made disabled several stuff from the msconfig as advices by the logitech experts but there is no any solution after all . Do you have any effective suggestion regarding this error ..

Thanks to all for any help

It is the Clean Install procedure specially for Setpoint. If you have not already gone through this, I would suggest you to follow these steps to heal this very issue .

If you have done these guidelines already or they do not fixed the issue then , move to the Control Panel, Admin tools, Event Viewer, then find out the Application and System logs (Security log must be empty). The error you are getting from Setpoint should create a much explained error message which is logged in one of these two log files. And you can solve that issue with the help of these files ...