Thread: Windows 7 RTM and SetPoint 5.2 - Mouse Acceleration

Windows 7 RTM and SetPoint 5.2 - Mouse Acceleration

I am using a G9 mouse with the newest setpoint and installed the windows 7 64-bit RTM. I am getting some issues when going to disable the mouse acceleration from the Setpoint software, something I value maximum from this one software when used to play the games. I was wondering if Logitech had some suggestion regarding disabling the mouse acceleration in Windows 7 or if it is possibly could be resolved in a latest version of Setpoint. Now, I am running with the acceleration configured with the value of 0 with the box to use windows default drivers unchecked.

Thank you

Re: Windows 7 RTM and SetPoint 5.2 - Mouse Acceleration

Hi everyone,

Whoever running with this issue, they can fix it from the control panel section but I wonder that you are still unable to disable the mouse acceleration. Hummm. And you still have the difficulties after configuring it with the value of 0? There is one more way through which you can disable the same thing but you have to go for the control panel section and choose mouse and then go forward with the settings option . And try with the m\s for example 333-500-1000. Which build of windows 7 do you have installed ? P.S. I have no any single difficulties with the acceleration in Windows 7 Build 7600..

Thanks to view my question and considered about the possible solution. Actually , I have installed windows 7 build 7600 RTM. I think I was incorrect to say that the mouse acceleration needs to make disable, Actually, I was playing Resident Evil 5. Although after trying out some different games, it doesn't assume exactly the similar as it did within the windows vista or even in XP environment , which seemed to have the least acceleration with the registry resolution. I am content to tell that I can squash it after assuming the first game that I had played before just like horrible with mouse control. Type of ruins the game a bit from what is an excellent game so far.

Hi everyone,

Guys, Does somebody are aware about the management of mouse in windows 7 and specially if you are going to play the game. I wanted to know that How could I make fully disable the mouse acceleration within Windows 7 environment ? Turning "precision" off in CPanel, and configuring up the Mouse keys to configure the accel rates does not move to disable acceleration properly in entire games. I am running with a g5 mouse and have tried using setpoint to come up the operating system but that still does not completely disable this in entire games.

Hi, I have just reformatted my system and currently I am trying to begin playing again. I am running with this issue with my mouse, this is Logitech G3 laser, where I am unable to destroy the acceleration of the mouse. I am running with the installation of Windows XP SP3.

I have done some settings that I already aware about that and my mouse still running with the unexpected acceleration. And its not a minor acceleration, if I go much fast with my mouse fast about 1 inch the mouse cursor splits all across my display and when I move it back in slow manner then I have to move the mouse atleast two times as much to have the cursor back to the beginning status ..

I think, you need to go for this now through which you can make your acceleration as according to the position that you want.

* Uncheck the box "improve mouse precision" from the control panel in the mouse settings section .

* Just download the proper drivers that are compatible with the Logitech G3 and commonly Setpoint is on of the famous software that you can use for this and checked the box "none" in "pointer acceleration".

* Run the windows enabled "regedit" and configure the mouse settings on SmoothMouseXCurve and SmoothMouseYCurve accordingly and after making these configurations, restart your computer ..