Thread: Installing SetPoint 5.0 on Windows 2003/2008 x64

Installing SetPoint 5.0 on Windows 2003/2008 x64

Hi guys ! I need some help from you all regarding the installation procedure in some short description because I am feeling that I have missed some steps to install it properly. Would you suggest me the proper way of installation .Actually, I am running with a problem when I install setpoint 5.0 I got a message for committing installation like
    "Installation is complete...Thank you for installing setpoint 5.0"...

But, I am not getting any directory associated with the setpoint in Program files like setpoint or logitech. Also nothing tagged in the Start-Programs view. Any idea about this ? I think, I am missing some thing regarding the installation ...

Re: Installing SetPoint 5.0 on Windows 2003/2008 x64

Basically, there are two of the files are always required when you will move for the installation. However, currently I have completed the installation before and would like to give you some sort description about the components that would be required when you will get ready to install that...

You have to download first and unzip the mattx's rar file(setpoint500_g9_x64_mattx.rar). And as I stated above that you have to use two primary files , another one needs to unzip and known as danix's rar file : SetPoint_5_WS2008_CDDRV_Installer_64.rar). Then after get ready to execute the file known as mattx's msi (setpoint500_g9_x64_mattx.msi )..After all, it will install the setpoint properly but nothing else. Currently, what you require is to made update windows's standard HID mouse drivers to Logitech's standard HID drivers for the g9 mouse.

After this all procedure, you have to go for the next procedure where you will permanently install this in your machine.

• Just open the device manager from the following location (My Computer=>Properties=>Device manager)
    • Within the mice section and other pointing devices, a right click on the HID-compliant mouse and select update driver software.
    • Select Browse my computer for driver software, to install the driver with the manual way .
    • Point the directory to the one with danix's unzipped files in this .
    • Click on next, and suppose this should update the driver to Logitech's g9 driver.

The key to this workaround is this:

• Finally, it is a workaround and needs work when setpoint is not compatible on Server 2008. At least Logitech tolerates incompatible workarounds rather than stifling them just as the creative does...
    • Setpoint doesn't need to install it. Namely,
    • Setpoint wouldn't go for the unzipping procedure of the files and execute the proper software. It is fixed by Mattx's msi.
    • The mouse driver is not updated to the logietch version which is needed to have setpoint detect this . it is also f9ixed by the danix's files.

Installation

Logitech SetPoint compatible with the Windows XP and Windows Vista.

* Standard installation
    1- You should be logged in with the administrative privileges to install such software and you have to insert the Logitech SetPoint Software disk into your Disk drive. The installation would be start automatically. If not so then you have to browse the disk and then double click the file "SETUP.EXE", stored in the root directory of the CD-ROM to install the software.

Windows Vista:
    If you have already installed any previous version of SetPoint software into your system, we will suggest you to uninstall that manually
    and then go through the above procedure to install the same software in same manner..
    Last edited by Amd Athlon; 05-06-2010 at 12:58 PM.

I followed the whole procedure and I was thinking that I am making some mistakes in the installation procedure but I did the same as you suggested in the above written post. For confirmation, I uninstalled the programs that I had installed before and install that again according to your guidelines but nothing happened. The same installation completion message is getting received by me and when I look into the folder of installation location then I didn't got any file and folder related to the installation and all. Any other fix regarding this.. Please save me

If you move into your Control Panel section then you will get the icon for installation and uninstallation section and icon displays as Add/Remove Programs (or Programs and Features if you have installed the Vista), does any Logitech software displayed up there? If you got like this then you have to uninstall that.

In either case, try to reinstall the program in a clean boot according to the guidelines in support document #618. Your friendly live support agent! I got trained in mice, keyboards and web cams.

First of all,you need to go through the above suggested method and see if it can be helpful for you to fix your problems, I have also tried these things when I was running with the same problem but I was running with different device model. I also tried installing SetPoint 5.0 to get if it would resolve the issue of setpoint which is not detecting my mouse, however, as I told you that I am running with different mouse, I do not have a G9. But the 5.0 installation performs the same thing to me. So I'm guessing it doesn't detect your mouse as well.