Thread: Folders issue in Hotmail

Folders issue in Hotmail

One of my friend created the folder in Hotmail for my use. Some days back I was not able to get access to those folders. I don't know the reason behind that.!! Now I am on Windows Live Mail Hotmail Live and I do not know how to create a folder to store the various letters that I receive. I am expecting some help from your side. I was using Outlook (which is the business use) but for personal use, rather not get my emails to any hard drive (I think, but am not sure which lowers outlook emails to hard drive). Also my problem is that configure a Hotmail account and would like to use it through Outlook Express and there is no way to get out the folders and tried to set it up again and again. So please provide me with the related solutions.

Re: Folders issue in Hotmail

A filter - or message rule - is an indication that you will give your mail. This option exists for most electronic mail (accessible from a web browser) and messaging software (installed on your computer). Consider an example to better understand the concept. Imagine that you receive messages from a professional colleague in your personal mailbox Windows Live Hotmail. You do not really do it on purpose to give your home address and you regret it. There is a workaround for the mail that person goes into a specific folder that you created for the occasion. That is called a message rule.

The following steps would be useful for creating the folders in Hotmail :
    1. To create a new folder, click on the top left on the arrow beside the New button on the toolbar. In the menu that appears, click Folder.
    2. A new folder (called Default Folder ... New) added to the list of existing ones. You can immediately type the name you want your new folder. Press the Enter key.
    3. Your file will be permanently displayed in the left column.
    4. You can drag the mouse messages from the Inbox, or create rules for automatic sorting .

Hotmail messaging is one of the most used. In an organizational goal, and in order not to spend hours looking for a mail, it will be essential to create folders to find your way more quickly. The following are the Stages of realization :
    1. Start your computer and open your hotmail account with your username and your email password.
    2. In the menu on the left of the page, click on "file management". Now in the Issues Management page, click on "New Folder"
    3. You are now on the page to create a new folder, enter the name of your file in the text box provided for that purpose, and then click the Save button or the Enter key on your keyboard to confirm the creation of this new folder.
    4. Create as many folders as you want in the same way to get an email and well organized to do more long minutes to find an email!

Microsoft will renew its webmail service, Windows Live Hotmail. The goal is to exceed the functionality of Gmail, Google's webmail. For attachments, Hotmail will better interact with the service of hard disk online, SkyDrive. Attachments will increase from 10-25 MB If the document exceeds this limit, Hotmail propose to put it on SkyDrive and send a link to the document. SkyDrive lets you store files up to 25GB with a 10GB limit per file. Hotmail will incorporate a framework for browsing the Internet or watch videos from YouTube or Hulu page without leaving the Hotmail. Moreover, if an attachment is a Word document, Excel or PowerPoint, Hotmail lets read and edit Microsoft Office Web since 2010.

Hotmail will incorporate a framework for browsing the Internet or watch videos from YouTube or Hulu page without leaving the Hotmail. Moreover, if an attachment is a Word document, Excel or PowerPoint, Hotmail lets read and edit Microsoft Office Web since 2010. Hotmail will also improve its interaction with messenger and social networks. For Hotmail, it will be possible to send and receive instant messages to her friends present on the Microsoft service or on social networks.

If you want to rename, delete a file or empty its contents, simply click on the folder name in the right mouse button and select the appropriate command. Then, in the section Customizing Your e-mail, click Automatically sorting mail to pop up a new window where you must click on the new filter. Two stages are proposed :
    • The first concerns the identification of the message that should go into the folder of interest (this work). This identification can be done from the e-mail (as in our example above), the name address book, the object (the subject of the mail) or even mail a copy or Bcc.
    • the second concerns the destination folder. For our example, we create the input file to show you how it works, but you might have done from this location, indicating the name of New Folder in the blank.