Thread: Windows Live Messenger Error Code 80080005

Windows Live Messenger Error Code 80080005

I am getting irritated by an error message that is coming while launching the Windows Live Messenger. Recently I have downloaded the new version of Windows Live Messenger 9. Before it was working properly but after the downloading the new version I am not able to sign in it. Whenever I am trying to sign in to windows live messenger, I am getting an error stating that "Windows Live Messenger failed because the service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later Error code:80080005". I am using the Windows XP as operating system. Anyone out there can help me to sort this problem out..??

Re: Windows Live Messenger Error Code 80080005

While many COM + applications running under different user accounts specified in the ownership of this user, the computer can not allocate memory to create a new desktop heap for the new user. Therefore, the process can not start. When you start many COM + Microsoft applications manually from the MMC snap-in (Microsoft Management Console), where each component services COM + application runs under a different user account, you may receive the following error message. Otherwise try the following steps :
    1. Start Internet Explorer
    2. In the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    3. On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
    4. Uncheck Automatically detect the connection settings.
    5. Click OK, then OK again.

Doing this might help you.

I recently purchased laptop and I got a problem with the update to my PC, it gives me this error code 80080005. When I searched that on web, I found the following solution.
    1. Open the command prompt in administrator mode;
    2. Type the following command: netsh winsock reset and validate;
    3. Restart the computer.

This worked for me. Since you are having the same problem I thought to post you this, so that you can get some help from this post.

The error 0x80080005 means access to a file or a registry key thee prohibited. So it is a permissions problem. This type of error is not easy to solve. For solving this issue you will need to do many R & D's. To begin we will deliver all the default programs for Windows. We then change the settings which might has replaced IE or Windows Mail by other programs. Go to Control Panel / Default Programs. Click Set default access to programs and computer. Tick the box Microsoft Windows then click OK. Reboot the PC and launch Windows Update. Tell me if the search for updates done.

You can also try to create a new administrator account :
    1. Go to Control Panel / User Accounts
    2. Click Manage another account and then click Create a new account.
    3. Give a name to the new account, tick the box and then click on Create Administrator Account.

The permissions issues are quite difficult to solve. Especially when involving Windows Update. I had a similar problem (error 80080005) but it was not located at the same level as you (I got this error code to install the updates). It was resolved by the application of SP1. At your SP1 will not install either and the error code that you give has not yet been solved. If you had the Vista installation DVD, you could attempt a repair. Although ... The repair does not necessarily resolve permission issues. I think the best is yet to make a clean re-installation of Vista (with formatting) to apply the available updates and SP1 in the process, before you install your own software.

To work around this problem, change the value of the subkey in the registry:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ System \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Session Manager \ SubSystems \ Windows
    If you want to this then you will have to follow the below steps :
    1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit and click OK.
    2. In Registry Editor, locate the subkey in the registry :
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ System \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Session Manager \ SubSystems
    3. Click the right mouse button on the entry of Windows, then click Edit. The Edit dialog box displays the string.
    4. In the Value data box, locate SharedSection, add 512 SharedSection and then click OK.

The Windows newly amended as follows:
      % Systemroot% \ system32 \ csrss.exe ObjectDirectory = \ Windows SharedSection = 1024, 3072, 512 Windows = On = Windows SubSystemType ServerDll basesrv = 1 = ServerDll winsrv: UserServerDllInitialization, 3 = ServerDll winsrv: ConServerDllInitialization, 2 = OFF ProfileControl MaxRequestThreads = 16

After going from Windows Vista to XP and from XP to Vista (due to a driver incompatible with XP), I installed Windows Live Messenger 2009. The installation goes well, no worries. Then I installed MSN + Messenger 2009 and while launching it I was getting an error 80080005. After reading somewhere I disabled the Windows firewall. I also installed the .NET framwork. Later than I was not getting that error. I don't know what worked but atleast I got relief from that error.

To begin we will deliver all the default programs for Windows. We then change the settings if your sister has replaced IE or Windows Mail by other programs :
    1. Go to Control Panel / Default Programs.
    2. Click Set default access to programs and computer.
    3. Tick the box Microsoft Windows then click OK.
    4. Reboot the PC and launch Windows Update.

Hope that updating will fix it.

ZapMessenger is a small utility to completely uninstall Windows Live Messenger any version. Of course, ZapMessenger only be used when an error appears and it is impossible to uninstall Messenger via the usual: "Control Panel" then "Add / Remove Programs" (or "Programs and Features" in Vista). In case of unrecoverable error (eg 0x8000ffff or a file. Msi absent) ZapMessenger try initially to launch the uninstallation classic. If it fails, Windows Live Messenger will be removed from the list of installed programs from Windows Installer.