Thread: Problems of ATI Catalyst 8.12 with X-Plane 9

Problems of ATI Catalyst 8.12 with X-Plane 9

I'm stuck with only a laptop while waiting for the parts for my new system. I'm guessing my ATI Catalyst 8.12 isn't enough to even start the X-Plane 9. Before It switches to the proper view, I get the following error :
    ERROR: incomplete framebuffer
    OGL_framebuffer.cpp line 74
    What does this message mean? It pops up right after-the whole initial loading sequence. Please help me as soon as possible.

Re: Problems of ATI Catalyst 8.12 with X-Plane 9

I would like to suggest you to make sure you're running the current video driver, and it must have for OpenGL support - But yeah, it might just be your laptop's Capabilities Beyond regardless. I am having one solution but not sure whether it's applicable to everyone. I was having the similar problem, I deleted the "Preferences" folder under X-Plane \ Resources everything so I could start from a clean configuration.

Try Different Perhaps video driver versions - Also Have not you said What is your exact hardware, That Some May shed light on the issue. Let's see, I have the same but with 512 and the Catalyst is an option on the 3D tab - All config. -End OpenGL Configuration and put a box that says Triple Buffer to activate it and if not settled I think it's a matter of drivers (this card is very important to update every bit as correct many error).

I have the X-Plane 8.64 and I do well with my Radeon 9600 (with a not very demanding graphic form, of course), but when you download the demo of X-Plane 9 (by the way, I only worked in 16-color bit) I had to update drivers to test, because although it was installed and loaded everything perfectly when run only saw stripes. Once you have updated the drivers worked well, except as the depth of color that I said. I know that the X-Plane 9 does not go with the Catalyst drivers 8.12. You can put the 8.11 or 9.1.

X-Plane 9 uses OpenGL for being multiplatform (Mac OS, Windows and Linux), do not use DirectX. So it can happen that has games that go well with the drivers you have, and pulling DirectX, and X-Plane no. The truth is I do not understand very well the politics of x-plane. I am convinced that trying to sell a serious and well done and I'm also sure that we are a minority with the product we paid and unable to use it. But what I think is unethical to hide behind these are problems that ATI and look the other way.

I wonder if I should not put directx10 or 11 then I have the 9c. But as I have seen everywhere that it does under xp pouait not put anything other than the 9c, that I know nothing! I've never seen anything like ... the site of X-Plane they provide information about the version of DirectX required. They say that is enough 9.0c on Windows XP. By cons need a graphics driver is in good condition. In my case, I use X-Plane only on Linux, now with the Nvidia driver 190.42, and there need not DirectX, it's done by OpenGL.

A map is done as well as the DX's open GL. My GForce 2 of the time already was doing very well. If I have good memories at this time, moreover, many games are launched in opengl, including the excellent "Return to Castle" series of Wolfenstein. Yes everything is installed but the 8.12 are known to rave at full throttle with X-plane, I realized after my test browsing forum X-plane technique. Org is therefore normal that it does not work not with me either. Read advice on x-and x-plane.org plane.fr must yet remain at 8.9 or 8.10 to get the best perf and no glitches in the game.